Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL**HX923

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Sony KDL**HX923

Should i be worried, apparently complaints are comming in already for this new tv on dark verticle lines either side of the screen!, i have seen this before on the LG i had that went back for a full refund as it was the area where the ribbon cable joins at the screen for the backlight (could be seen from the front) i had 3 of them and the engineer said its not right, heres the pics of the Sony.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/crease3.jpg/

http://i53.tinypic.com/wi2grc.jpg

this was originally posted on another forum and the poster stated that this is reported by german customers and uk ones, however i have been waiting months for my pre order and dont have it yet!!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

Edited title in order to Sticky it, hope this is ok.

Message was edited by: -frank-

Edited links to work properly (originally double http)

535 REPLIES 535
Bravia55HX

Hi,

well erm............. the Panasonic has its own set of problems so jumping from one set to another is a no in my book, clearly the new Sony is not right and you would do well to expect a replacement at this point, ask the dealer if there is somewhere in store you can inspect it before you take it to avoid any further disappointment.

jamestaylor8
Visitor

What are the Panasonic problems?

Bravia55HX

there are a few the latest is the green blob problem, just google them or check other A/V forum posts for them.

Bravia55HX

Its in the store!! and its a november build, my dealer is confident i dont need to view it as its that good, store closed today so will make arrangements for Friday now, will keep you all appraised.

Bravia55HX

well the tv is here and set up, and its very good indeed!, im well happy now and was worth the wait, now im really going to town and going to calibrate it up tonight and stick Thor or First Class on and see what its like.

jadsony
Visitor

Hi i have been following your posts regarding the trouble you have had with the crease on th hx923. Are you happy enough with the lastest model you have recieved? I was just about to buy one but then heard about this problem. Was going to buy a panasonic 55vt30 but they also seem to have there own problems,green blob etc. Also have you tried the 3D out yet? Seems to be alot of reviews regarding crosstalk but i could'nt notice it when i was in the sony shop. Thanks

Bravia55HX

Hi jadsony,

Oh yeah, very happy with the outcome now, these late builds are far far better than the earlier ones even though Sony have said that nothing will change in the build process, you really have got to go some to beat the build and looks of this set, as for the 3D well its not for everyone but admittedly i found it rather entertaining, i only have a couple of movies in 3D at the moment but so far its no problem.

my advice is to find a dealer who is willing under your concerns to let you view your prospective purchase before you leave the store, and i dont mean the display model but the actual one you want, that way you cant go wrong.

jadsony
Visitor

Glad to hear your happy with your purchase. Cant believe how difficult it is to buy a top end tv. You would think they should be near on perfect for that amount of money. There seems to be a problem with each top end tv brand. Was looking at the panasonic 55vt30 yesterday but the picture was quite dull and could clearly see this green blob. Then the samsung d8000 has alot of bleeding around the edges and the build quality i never think is good with samsung, had nothing but problems with them in the past. Love the look of the sony hx923 and sony usually build things to last. I've heard of samsung providing customers with firmware updates to reduce crosstalk on certain models, do you know if sony does this or will be in the future?

jamestaylor8
Visitor

Be patient please, I've decided to stick with the HX923 (replacing next week) in the meantime I have bought the Spears & Munsil Blu Ray Calibration disc which I could do with a bit of advice with;

1. do you turn all proccessing of?
  2. where can I find out which advanced settings to change?

Thanks

James

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

I bought a new TV and it is October build, no sign of the crease but the panel is faulty and Sony Support they only thing they do is ecalate and lie to customer. This TV can be good only if you are lucky enough to get a good one. Otherwise this TV is a real pain and Sony's Support will try to fob you off, lie to you and not take responsabilty with their products. Sony has gone to the dogs. Buy a Sony TV is you are feeling lucky. No wonder they are loosing money.