Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL**HX923

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Sony KDL**HX923

Should i be worried, apparently complaints are comming in already for this new tv on dark verticle lines either side of the screen!, i have seen this before on the LG i had that went back for a full refund as it was the area where the ribbon cable joins at the screen for the backlight (could be seen from the front) i had 3 of them and the engineer said its not right, heres the pics of the Sony.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/crease3.jpg/

http://i53.tinypic.com/wi2grc.jpg

this was originally posted on another forum and the poster stated that this is reported by german customers and uk ones, however i have been waiting months for my pre order and dont have it yet!!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

Edited title in order to Sticky it, hope this is ok.

Message was edited by: -frank-

Edited links to work properly (originally double http)

535 REPLIES 535
DidsUK
Visitor

Thanks for the update Lee, appreciate it and all the effort Sony are going to regards this situation - good work.

wstevew
Visitor

Not so good for those of us who spotted the issue before taking one home. Stii have to wait like those who did. But without a tv.

55HX923Buyer
Visitor

Hi Lee - that's great news.  Thank you for all your help.  Happy to swap mine - my dealer has already swapped mine once and it had the same issue so let me know.  The offer of the free glasses is great news too - restored my faith in Sony.

Bravia55HX

SAMBAVANMAN,

did you [pre order your set from the Sony store and told them to hold your set there for you to inspect?, if you did then speak to your store about this, Also if the store had your money and you were expecting a replacement you should qualify, but if you insisted on a refund and re ordered later you wont, speak to your store about this.

wstevew
Visitor

Perhaps lee can clarify this for those of us who the store has our money but we have no tv due to not being willing to accept a set with the creases.

gamorga69
Explorer

I must say my Sony Center has been excellent in all of this, I would also like to say how great this forum has been in providing information. It's been a bit like the PS blog with updates, an excellent way of interacting with us.

I'm now eagerly anticipating my 55" replacement, because the TV is just awesome and full of excellent features.....

SAMBAVANMAN
Explorer

So my faulty set was held at store and sent back so we missed out on the free glasses. :smileycry::smileycry: It would be nice to receive 2 more free glasses after all the input the forum members have put in to notify you of the problem.

But if Sony are only giving the glasses to people who have had the tv in their home and sent back, i would still like to thank you for Sorting this out.

Message was edited by: -Cass-

profile.country.GB.title
Palhil
Explorer

I guess I've missed out on this offer as I returned my set for a refund before the issue had been officially recognised by Sony.  My plan was to buy it again once it was confirmed that it had been fixed.  At the time there was no point asking for a replacement because it was likely to have the same issue.

Still, I'm looking forward to the crease free sets turning up.  Then Sony can have my money again. :dizzy:

norks27
Visitor

Must admit I'm still curious to know what caused the issue, all be it in laymans terms.

bign55
Visitor

Hi Lee - thanks for the news, if you want to arrange to collect more tv's, i can volunteer mine, as it was bought

from you direct and not through a sony centre, case id = 2673319, will also save me having to ring your help desk.