Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL**HX923

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Sony KDL**HX923

Should i be worried, apparently complaints are comming in already for this new tv on dark verticle lines either side of the screen!, i have seen this before on the LG i had that went back for a full refund as it was the area where the ribbon cable joins at the screen for the backlight (could be seen from the front) i had 3 of them and the engineer said its not right, heres the pics of the Sony.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/crease3.jpg/

http://i53.tinypic.com/wi2grc.jpg

this was originally posted on another forum and the poster stated that this is reported by german customers and uk ones, however i have been waiting months for my pre order and dont have it yet!!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

Edited title in order to Sticky it, hope this is ok.

Message was edited by: -frank-

Edited links to work properly (originally double http)

535 REPLIES 535
southernsmoggy
Visitor

it is taking sony a long time to come forward an explain what is going on here. which just leaves the window open for grassy knoll theories.

we can read into it whatever we like...is it....

1. sony know what the issue is, no way to fix it soon so trying to find a way of letting us down gently

2. sony don't know what the issue is or why its apparently only affecting some sets...or is it all and the other owners just haven't noticed or aren't bothered by the creases

3. sony know what th issue is, its a simple fix and they just need to correct any manufacturing fault and then isolate which already produced sets are affected

....who knows. i think it would be good for sony to take a leaf out of Apple's book when they were under fire for the iPhone 4 death grip issue.....though i guess in that case Apple knew there was no case to answer and they knew it wasn't a fault (in their eyes anyway). figure its harder to justify why visible creases on a top of the line TV are a feature....

norks27
Visitor

Another question for Sony, (not crease related!).

The US model, (HX929), comes with a lovely backlit remote control whereas here in the EU we get a plastic non lit remote.

Any idea why, granted it is a minor gripe, but for darkened movie viewing a backlit remote would be a lovely addition.

Bravia55HX

norks27,

Funny that!, i noticed that also, dunno where i saw the video clip of it but your right there, perhaps theres an option to buy it aftermarket as we are unlikely to get one otherwise.

SAMBAVANMAN
Explorer

I asked that question on AV Forum about the remote and was told it was more of a hinderance due to the brightness of the buttons. Also if the room was dark you have to find the button on the remote that lights it up. 

sammy20v
Visitor

I do hope the crease issue is resolved, and not a feature, as I really cannot live with the issue no matter how visible, and would have to cancel the order, something I really don't want to do.

bign55
Visitor

looks like the guy who took my call at the helpdesk was right, when he siad it would take WEEKS to sort anything out.

i have got fed up waiting for any collection to be organised and have unpacked it again, anyone take a guess,

will they want the stands sending back too?, as i have not bothered to unpack that either.

SAMBAVANMAN
Explorer

Hiya Lee

Is there any more news on when the new batch will be released? Only my Sony store said he has one that he can send out. Sould i wait for a new batch or accept this one? He said he has sold 2 from the same batch and had no complaints from either of those customers. But maybe they wern't looking for it?

55HX923Buyer
Visitor

Hi Lee - it would be good if we could all get an update before the weekend as to what's happening.

Thanks

Bravia55HX

No one has no patience!!

wstevew
Visitor

Lee,     My Sony centre are saying the problem has been resolved and they are expecting delivery next week of 3 units that will not have the crease issue. Can you confirm if it has or has not yet been resolved.