Join now - be part of our community!

Sony kdl32ex503 problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
airefc
Explorer

Sony kdl32ex503 problem

Hi,

I have the Sony kdl32ex503. Have just got a Phillips bdp 3200 blu ray player.

Every blu ray film I watch I have multiple sound drop outs and it goes out of sync. I have tried the blu ray player on another tv and it works fine.

I have updated to the latest Sony firmware and the latest Phillips firmware.

Does anybody know a solution? I think its somthing to do with the tv.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

HI,

theres a thread below with similar issues which is currently being investigated by Sony at the moment.

one that called HDMI audio drop out.......

further down the page, (the link would not paste in!)

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Bravia55HX

HI,

theres a thread below with similar issues which is currently being investigated by Sony at the moment.

one that called HDMI audio drop out.......

further down the page, (the link would not paste in!)

airefc
Explorer

Thanks,

Also get the audio drop out on BBC HD although doesnt go out of sync like blu ray.

airefc
Explorer

I replaced the hdmi cable with a better quality one and there is no sound dropouts now (using the blu ray player). I assume the original hdmi cable I bought with the blu ray player could handle up to 1080i (as it worked on my other hd ready tv when testing) but not 1080p hence the sound drop outs on the Sony.

Message was edited by: airefc

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi airefc,

Thank you for the feedback and glad that the problem solved.

I guess it is not the matter of which type of HDMI cable is handling what resolution , because the picture was OK

I think your old cable have loose connection somewhere and cause sound drop. (HDMI cable have 21 wires inside)

Thanks again

airefc
Explorer

Hi,

I guess your right about the resolution as the picture was okay. Just strange how the cable worked perfectly on my hd ready tv with no sound drops but not the full hd Sony. Using the QED lead on the Sony is fine.

Thanks

airefc
Explorer

The sync issues are back again. Would anybody advise getting a Sony engineer to look at the tv as its still under warranty.

Tried 3 different hdmi cables now, 2 QED leads and a cheaper one. One particular QED lead was working and is better than the others. They are expensive cables so I dont know why there is a problem?

thanks again

Bravia55HX

airefc,

thats really odd, i am sure its not the HDMI leads, certainly not the QED ones as they are good, i have one!, this issue i have not come across on blu ray but often popped up with the old DVD player.

i can make a suggestion and this is what i did which told me it was the player though im going to find this hard to believe of a blu ray player.

when this happens again quickly "stab" video search backwards just for about a second and see if this stops it, if it does then its the player, i never bothered to do anything about it.

airefc
Explorer

Thanks for the reply Bravia,

Ok I will give that a go see if it works. Interesting as in the fact that the QED Performance(newer version of the Qunex) cable has this problem the same as the cheaper cable. The best cable of the bunch seems to be the QED Qunex hdmi which is an older cable. What could be the difference between the QED cables that are effectively the same? Also the Qunex seems to have brighter more vivid colours. This becomes more confusing.

Bravia55HX

airefc,

i learned that its not always about expensive cables and forking out shedloads does not always make it better, in fact my QED lead is now in a drawer! in favour of the one posted in the link below which you may find useful.

anyway this is sllightly off topic to your original problem which im sure we'll get to the bottom of soon

good luck.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PRO-GOLD-1-4a-HDMI-COMPATIBLE/dp/B002U38E9O/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&...