Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL40EX723 with odd lines on screen

profile.country.GB.title
wasted.d
Explorer

Sony KDL40EX723 with odd lines on screen

Hi folks,  i currently have a kdl40ex723,  bought it about 5 yrs ago.  lately ive noticed odd lines at the bottom of the screen.  Am hopin someone might shed some light on what causes it an if it can be fixed or if its even worth fixing (assumiing its a panel problem)

IMG_5350.jpgIMG_5358 (1).jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately this type of problem is normally a hardware fault.  Without a technician looking at it, its hard to determine what the fault is - however a single line generally indicates a panel issue, multiple lines evenly spaced could indicate a TCON board failure.

If you want an excuse for another TV, this is it.  If not, i suggest getting an authorised sony repair centre to look at it, but it could be uneconomically viable to fix.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
wasted.d
Explorer

Hi,  Thanks for the reply.  That is pretty much  what i thought an my past expirence tells me if its the panel its not worth fixing but on the other hand if not id much rather get it fixed than fork out for a new tv.

I have contacted sony support to see if i can find out who repairs sonys stuff in N.Ireland.  Hopefully that will lead to a solution.

Thanks again for your reply.  :slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how you get on.  Im always interested on what the conclusion to a fault is, as it furthers my knowledge in order to help others. :slight_smile:

Cheers