Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

SOLVED
Giles_W
New

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

Hello

I have been trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, which only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for 5 minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as Netflix, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The same happens with other apps such as Sky News etc. 

My internet connection is fine and have tried both wired and wireless. I have reset the internet aswell as doing a factory reset and unplugging the television from the wall for 10 minutes.

Could someone please advise me on what I can do to get this working.

Many Thanks 

187 REPLIES 187
Woktolivelife

A moment taken acknowledging our concerns would make for good customer services
pjyorks
Explorer

I am having this same issue too

Only bought the tv on saturday and worked fine over weekend then apps started to go missing tuesday along with application errors .  tried all the usual of switching iff and on, checking internet connections numerous times then found this forum and know its not just me!!

would appreciate an update from anyone from sony reading all theze messages from your frustrated customers. I am missing masterchef because of errors :smileyd_oh:

Emily_F
Contributor

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that we have referred this issue to Sony who are looking into the problem. We'll try and let you know as soon as we have any new information. Thanks so much for your patience on this Friday afternoon! :slight_smile:

anmcnei16
New

Bought the KDL42W805 this morning and am now having this exact issue. Apps worked great for about an hour and since that they almost never show up in the SEN, and when they do they're inaccessible.

Hoping we get answers soon...

Dacron123
Explorer

Well I've called Sony and was told

1) Do a factory reset

2) Install latest software.

Did both of the above and there has been no improvement. Hopes went up yesterday when a sign came up asking for authorisation to "update network content". Did this and for a while all was back to normal but now I am having all the same problems once more.

Got back on to Sony who have now "elevated this problem to the second tier" - which basically means the regular helpline guys don't have a clue. I have yet to hear anything back form the mystical "second tier".

Very, very disappointing and frustrating. This is a great TV - when it works! However I bought it for its smart functions and right now it is anything but smart.

If there is no improvement (or at least some sense from Sony that they are dealing with the issue) then I will be returning it as faulty to Richer Sounds and hopefully switch to a Panasonic or a Samsung.

This is my first Sony TV for many years - big let down! I would not recommend this set to anyone right now

profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

I am also having the same issue I have had the TV for a week and yet to get the apps to work have registered the tv reset turned on and off internet connections and checked that the IP was UK registered - very frustrated. Any solution suggestions accepted. Sony you need to get this sorted or the TV will be returned

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

Just to inform you, Sony are aware of a fault in regards to the Internet Features on some models and are working towards resolving the issue. 

This problem seems rather intermitant, not affecting everyone, and manifesting itself differently. 

To show Sony how widespread this issue is - please click the "me too" button at the end of the first post on this topic.

Cheers

Woktolivelife

In reply to Quinnicus.
The issues seem consistent with everybody who has posted experiencing the same problem all having purchased the latest 2013 model Bravia TV with the issues starting last weekend onwards.
No doubt Sony would find it useful if this is not the case.and appreciate your feed back by posting if you too are experiencing this issue
Did we all update or have running the latest software update last weekend onwards? if our software was updated before and no issues were experienced it would be my deduction something changed last weekend
mdicker1943
Explorer

Thanks for the feedback that has been sadly lacking. I am ok today apps working.
Appreciate your post must stress again W8 i have just purchased is stunning.
damorri65
New

We got our new KDL-42W805A this monring and have the same problems. We had iPlayer and Netflix for a short while earlier (I watched part of a QI program to test it out), but since then no apps other than the SEN ones, Youtube etc.

Quite a disappointment really.