Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

SOLVED
Giles_W
New

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

Hello

I have been trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, which only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for 5 minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as Netflix, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The same happens with other apps such as Sky News etc. 

My internet connection is fine and have tried both wired and wireless. I have reset the internet aswell as doing a factory reset and unplugging the television from the wall for 10 minutes.

Could someone please advise me on what I can do to get this working.

Many Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emily_F
Contributor

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that we have referred this issue to Sony who are looking into the problem. We'll try and let you know as soon as we have any new information. Thanks so much for your patience on this Friday afternoon! :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

187 REPLIES 187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What speed is your internet?

http://www.speedtest.net/

Cheers.

Woktolivelife

I've had the EXACT same issues since about midday today, I'm of the belief something's going on the other end I know Sony were doing maintenance over the last couple of days .Which I think effects the online content through the SEN portal ( perhaps someone could confirm or otherwise?)
Woktolivelife

Yep still doing it comes up temp unavailable try later. But Sony bluray connected to tv plays all Internet services
Woktolivelife

Tested my connection refreshed Internet content and as yourself all of the online apps vanish oddly you can access the Sony video site
murra91
New

Hi Guys, 

Bought this tv yesterday, was trying to set it up,I have internet connected etc. When i try to open the Facebook app. It tells me to check my internet connection, but my connection is fine. Anyone had this problem? I only have about 3mb of broadband with Eirocm though. I cant get into sony network at all either

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Its been almost 16 hours since the original post.  With only 3 of you reporting problems, a further 3 more on the AV Forums (around that 7-8pm mark yesterday) and no one on Digital Spy. 

I have a KDL-40NX723 (2011) and have not had problems.

It seems that this issue is specific to the W6 model (as far as I can tell) and not wide-spread, as I would have expected a lot more people to report in between the 3 forums.

Are you all still experiencing this problem.  If so, are you on the latest firmware for your TV?  Have you also tried rebooting your ISP's router?

Cheers

Giles_W
New

Hello

I have managed to get Netflix up which has now signed in as apparantly the apps list came up last night (I was out). I accessed Netflix (had app there via history) as I still cannot access the "All Applications List". 

My wireless internet - download speed is 22.01 and upload speed is 1.84. My tv however is connect via ethernet cable, so may be faster. However, Netflix is loading at a fast speed so I don´t believe it is an internet speed based problem. 

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is everything working now though?

Woktolivelife

Everything was back to normal when I switched on this morning (just switched off as normal last night remote standby off mode didn't unplug or any sort of reset). What was strange was that it was only the Internet streaming apps on the tv smart hub , "excluding"sonys own video store which was available and also all Internet apps through the Sony smart Bluray player where available