Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL55W829 3D syncing not working

SOLVED
munkyman007
Explorer

Sony KDL55W829 3D syncing not working

I've just bought a KDL55W829 and I can't get the 3D glasses to sync.

I've followed the instructions provided and searched on the web for how-to's and still no avail.

I received two 3D glasses with the TV and neither are able to sync. I hold the power button on top of the glasses for 2 seconds and a green and yellow starts blinking for about 20 seconds and then turns off. This is the same on both pairs of glasses.

I am using my Sky Box and simulating 3D (turning standard 2D into 3D just for testing) using the 3D menu option via the remote control. The Sky Box is connected directly to my TV via HDMI. There is nothing in front of the TV with regards to obstacles and I've even turned off the WIFI connection on the TV to avoid signal interference.

Can anybody suggest what I am doing wrong or am I missing something glarringly obvious?

Thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES 13
JellyHead00
Explorer

Hard rebooting the TV solved it for my KDL-50W805C.  By that, I mean disconnecting it from the mains, and then powering it back on.

I had already fiddled with turning Bluetooth off/on, and forcing the TV into 3D mode to no avail.

After a hard reboot, the TV came back on and the glasses paired exactly as per the instructions - there was no need to be displaying 3D content.

Deanojd
New

Hi I have  always wanted 3D TV so have work hard so I thought I got one as I go get one I thought I get good one so I went for Sony  kdl55w807csu But all I'm getting is  headache trying sort it out in what free time I have and it's not much time at all my glasses connected after some work but now  they won't stay connected and I tune on my 2d to 3D on that won't stay on and on adjust the picture size button there on  option for 3D are 2d to 3D  

Hedrush
Explorer

Thanks man this fixed my 3d glasses registration issue.

Sharuff
New

My problem was also Booth was not enabled - help should have a link  to that!