Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Media Remote for iPhone for KDL-40NX700 model?

SOLVED
profile.country.da_DK.title
tom.bru
Visitor

Sony Media Remote for iPhone for KDL-40NX700 model?

Hi,

I have a question regarding Sony bravia KDL-40NX700 model. Will there  be anabled support for 3D video and Sony Media Remote for iPhone in the nearest future?

thx for help

Tomasz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

No unfortunately not I'm afraid.

Thanks

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Catmambo
Contributor

No unfortunately not I'm afraid.

Thanks

teejay75
Visitor

Why not... This seems very, very strange - I'm able to control (and see) the volume of my NX700 with the Sony AudioRemote. Can you please explain?

Cheers, Thomas

Bravia55HX

Hi,

you have asked two separate questions here

your tv is not a 3D capable set so no 3D support available .

as for i phone probs not, but since the Sony app is a free download, why dont you try it and see if it picks up your tv.

teejay75
Visitor

My question was only regarding the Sony Media Remote for iPhone.

I've had the app since it only supported a few BluRay players - It's been updated since to also support Bravia TVs KDL-HX920series, KDL-HX820series, KDL-HX720series, KDL-NX720series, KDL-EX720series, KDL-EX620series, KDL-EX520series, KDL-EX420series, KDL-EX320series, KDL-CX520series...

:slight_frown:  BUT not KDL-NX700 yet!

However, as I wrote, I can see and control my KDL-NX700 TV's volume with the Sony Network Audio Remote for iPhone.

Why is it then not possible to get full KDL-NX700 support in the Sony Media Remote for iPhone?

Sony, please explain?

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi - They were two different applications built by two different business units in Tokyo as far as I'm aware. Backward compatibility was never planned for 2010 devices and the media remote due to this years major platform change unfortunately.

I haven't tried the audio remote, and it seems fortuitous that the volume control works. I agree its a shame that greater functionality can't be added as it would be useful.

Thanks

teejay75
Visitor

The Sony Media Remote for iPhone used to be called “BD Remote” and supported all 2010 Sony Networked Blu-ray Players. It was renamed when the update also included TVs and AV Receivers.

On Apple's pages it today says...

"Media Remote(BD Remote)" is an App designed to let you take control of some of Sony’s latest Blu-ray/TV/AV Receiver Products.

For Sony not to make this app also compatible with the 2010 Sony Networked televisions (equipped with ethernet/wi-fi), seems very, very odd? The option seems to be there... however fortuitous the volume control is.

What are the mayor platform changes that makes this difficult?

Cheers, Thomas

Bravia55HX

Teejay75,

if you look closely i was responding to the original poster tom.bru and NOT you!!, so no need to get shirty by underlining your words..

teejay75
Visitor

Ahhh... people are just amazing.

Dear Mr. 309 posts since 12-May-2011 - if I look closely (and I did), your "respons" was completely pointless. Why are you interrupting with your irrelevant opinions and wasting peoples time? Get a life.

Dear Sony - As I've asked before I'd really like to know why it's not possible to get full KDL-NX700 support in the Sony Media Remote for iPhone?

I relly encourage you (Sony) to implement it in a future update.

:dizzy:

teejay75
Visitor

Dear Sony,

How am I suppose to react to Bravia55HX923's very unpleasant harassment?

I wanted a few professional answers regarding my Sony television's potential future remote functions from my iPhone, and apparently I offended this sensible/aggressive person by underlining a word.

I do believe that he/she is not employed by your organization - but he/she definitely takes ownership, and has obvious and strong opinions to who are able to ask questions here. Very unpleasant.

As I understand Bravia55HX923 is very, very active in this forum (he/she replies to almost all active posts) - but surely Sony can't accept this behavior and language?

-Thomas