Join now - be part of our community!

Sound and no picture on scart 2

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
cadippe
Visitor

Sound and no picture on scart 2

I have just got a new Sony Bravia KDL32EX401U 32-inch TV, and I can't get the scart 2 socket to work properly.

When I connect the sky box to scart 2 I get sound but no picture. I can tell that it is Sky I am receiving but I can't see it. When I connect it to scart 1 instead it all works fine. The DVD player shows the same symptoms on scart 2.

So, are the scarts different or is one broken? I can't find much info in the manual. I am just wondering if anyone can confirm that this is a real problem before I return the set as faulty?

Thanks for your help!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cadippe
Visitor

Think I might have found the answer. The manual, such that it is, hints that the scarts differ slightly but it isn't in any sort of English I can undrstand. So I had a play.

I changed the Sky box from PAL to RGB and now it works on scart 2. It seems scart 1 can cope with PAL and RGB but scart 2 only deals with RGB.

I am now assuming that is the way it is meant to be and I don't have a fault. If you know better let me know!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cadippe
Visitor

Think I might have found the answer. The manual, such that it is, hints that the scarts differ slightly but it isn't in any sort of English I can undrstand. So I had a play.

I changed the Sky box from PAL to RGB and now it works on scart 2. It seems scart 1 can cope with PAL and RGB but scart 2 only deals with RGB.

I am now assuming that is the way it is meant to be and I don't have a fault. If you know better let me know!