Join now - be part of our community!

Sound bar connection to KDL-40W2000

rhmackay1
New

Sound bar connection to KDL-40W2000

Hi

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40W2000 and am looking to connect a new sound bar to it.  However, with no spare HDMI or an optical audio output, I'm not sure how I'll be able to connect it??

The only audio output available is RCA.  Can this be utilised/converted for connection to a sound bar?

Not sure what sound bar we will go for yet (Sony or other) but may depend on the connection advice.

Thanks in advance. 

Robert

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have a look at the Sony HT-CT260H - In the Specifications it has a HDMI Input as well as Output.  Therefore you should be able to connect another HDMI device into it.  I cannot seem to ascertain a manual to see exactly how it works.  But I think its worth investigating. 

You could invest in a HDMI switch (plenty of choices on Amazon) - But Ive not used one, so cannot tell you the effectiveness of them.

My advice with anything though, is to fully do your research in getting the right product for your needs.  Another option is to go into a Sony Shop look at the product on offer, even test them out to see how they sound etc.

Hope that assists.

Cheers.

rhmackay1
New

Thanks Quinnicus

I think my TV HDMI ports are input only?  So not sure if the audio will work through either of them - they are both currently being used with Sky and Blueray sets anyway.  If they can be used for audio output, can they be split so I can still have two visual inputs?

I have seen that you can get a coaxial/optical to RCA converter - is this a possible solution?  Are their compatibility issues?

They are a couple of Sony Centres near by, think I'll maybe need to speak to them direct also.  

Cheers, Robert

profile.country.GB.title
cbettes
New