Join now - be part of our community!

Subtitle removal on old Sonia Bravia remote

profile.country.GB.title
jomajami
New

Subtitle removal on old Sonia Bravia remote

I have set up TV so that I can see all Freeview channels and through Amazon Firestick can stream Netflix and view regular channels' programmes through their streaming services i.e.  BBC iPlayer etc.  My problem WAS that since  set-up I could not view regular channels without subtitles (closed captions).  Since registering for this service and beginning this message (a few minutes ago!) I have been trying all buttons again and have just discovered that the subtitles are controlled by the button with dots on between the ANALOG and AUDIO buttons near the top of the remote.  Just thought this might be of use to some other person who has a really old TV and remote!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @jomajami, what is the model number of your TV? And how do you receive channels? Do you have a digital aerial connected to your TV?

profile.country.GB.title
jomajami
New

Don't know the model number of my Sony Bravia.   Get my TV through a digital aerial, I think (!) and stream through a Firestick. 

Piscie
Community Team

Hi @jomajami, The model number is on a white sticker on the back of your TV, starting with KD or XR. Does the problem only occur when watching channels through the aerial? Or also through the Fire Stick?

profile.country.GB.title
jomajami
New

I have managed to fix the problem now.  Thanks for your interest. FYI the model number is 9039079  (11/2010) but having fixed the problem I no longer know if it occurred on Firestick, aerial or both.  I am afraid I am a bit of a philistine in that I don't really care how things work as long as they do work! Thanks again. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

No worries @jomajami , we're glad to hear that it works fine now 

Feel free to come back if you faced the issue again