Join now - be part of our community!

subtitles for movies on USB

SOLVED
profile.country.ro_RO.title
Copacu
Visitor

subtitles for movies on USB

hello, i have an Bravia KDL-32EX600 and i can't see 'avi' movies with subtitle. i have the movie and the subtitle in the same folder and with the same name. i have str or sub extension for the subtitle and it doesen't work.

can anyone tell me how to see the movies with subtitle?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.sl_SI.title
hribovec
Visitor

Hi,

create a folder on USB, copy "avi" movie (only one) and "str" or "sub" subtitles with the same name. A folder inside another folder is not allowed. On the remote control turn on subtitles with the button with 4 points inside screen frame. I have KDL-32EX500 and use "str" subtitles and it works.

Best regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
seboyad

Hi,

I don't think separate subtitles are supported.  You would need to rip the movie with the subs burnt onto the image (dont ask me how :-)).

I'd be interested if anyone else has a solution?

Thanks.

hribovec
Visitor

Hi,

create a folder on USB, copy "avi" movie (only one) and "str" or "sub" subtitles with the same name. A folder inside another folder is not allowed. On the remote control turn on subtitles with the button with 4 points inside screen frame. I have KDL-32EX500 and use "str" subtitles and it works.

Best regards

profile.country.es_ES.title
kogjen
Visitor

Hi,

I have a KDL-40EX710 and I can confirm that it works as you suggested.

However the subtitles have a really strange font and are extremely difficult to read. I tried to change the font in Options but they are all 4 very similar and it didn't help at all.

Does it happen the same to you too?

Bye

El mensaje fue editado por: kogjen

hribovec
Visitor

Hi,

It is useful only font 1, because it has letters like slovenian. The subtitles are really a little strange, but I can read them.

Bye,

Vladimir