Join now - be part of our community!

temporarily cannot access server please retry

susiepops
New

temporarily cannot access server please retry

Since purchasing my television I have been able, by using 'Homegroup' on my WIndows10 PC, to view photos, music and videos on a Sony Bravia TV KDL EX403 without a problem.

However, recently I have still been able to view music and photos but can no longer view my videos. I receive the error message 'Temporarily cannot access the server please retry.'

Grateful if you will advise what necessary steps I need to take to correct this.

I can assure you that the TV has access to the Homegroup for all but videos. This is only a recent devlopment.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am assuming that a setting has been inadvertently changed in the Homegroup software.  Have a look at the Shared Folder settings in the library tab and see if everything is correct.  Also have a look in the transcoding tab.

On a side note, Homegroup has not been updated for a long time as Sony no longer supports or develops this software.  Homegroup was developed from an application called Serviio.  I would recommend that you switch to Serviio instead due to it being updated and supported.  See : www.serviio.org.

Cheers