Join now - be part of our community!

The service cannot be accessed at this time. AGAIN!

SOLVED
npomfret
Explorer

The service cannot be accessed at this time. AGAIN!

None of the network services (iplayer, youtube, netflix etc) on my kdl-55w905a are working *AGAIN*.  I just get the error message "The service cannot be accessed at this time."  My tv is using a wired internet connection which is working fine.  The tv claims to have the latest software update (PKG4.410EUA).

It is using the DNS from my router (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4).

From network settings if choose "check network" it says:

* Cacle Connection OK

* Local Access OK

* Internet Acess OK

I'm going to return the device if it doesn't get fixed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony do read the forums (from time to time) - however these forums are primarily a community focused forum.  If you want a direct answer from Sony, you must contact them directly.  Details are : HERE

However upon contacting Sony support, they normally suggest the following:

• Ensure that the firmware is upto date
  • Perform a factory reset.

Factory resets takes no more than 15 minutes of your time (I've done it enough times myself to know) -

So what have you got to loose - 15 mintues or a lifetime of problems with a [insert another brand] TV :grin:

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A couple of things

1. Reboot Router AND turn TV off from the powerpoint on the wall for at least 60 seconds - Try again
  2. Factory reset TV - Drastic I know, but can cure lots of problems.

Try that anyhow.

Cheers

npomfret
Explorer

factory reset?  It will take less of my time to return the tv and exchange it for a samsung than it will to set i up again.  

Does anyone from Sony read these?  There seem to be hundreds of people on the net with the same problem.  How about a fix?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony do read the forums (from time to time) - however these forums are primarily a community focused forum.  If you want a direct answer from Sony, you must contact them directly.  Details are : HERE

However upon contacting Sony support, they normally suggest the following:

• Ensure that the firmware is upto date
  • Perform a factory reset.

Factory resets takes no more than 15 minutes of your time (I've done it enough times myself to know) -

So what have you got to loose - 15 mintues or a lifetime of problems with a [insert another brand] TV :grin:

Cheers

npomfret
Explorer

Thanks for the link.  They replied with the inevitable "just do a factory reset" which to be fair did actually work.  Very annoying though, it takes forever to get it set up again.

pradeepmanoharan
Explorer

while i open youtube app it could not open instead it show " The service cannot be accessed at this time" . i request you to please give solution

profile.country.GB.title
nnowshad
New

The factory reset worked well and problem is solved now - thank you so very much! My TV software auto update was switched on and it was an unsuccessful software update I guess 😀

Thanks again and best wishes,

Nasim Nowshad from Dhaka Bangladesh.