Join now - be part of our community!

Tuning Freeview HD Channels DVB-T2

Tuning Freeview HD Channels DVB-T2

Hello,

I recently bought a KDL-42W705B TV. Been using it for a couple of months and merely assumed it didn't actully have a DVB-T2 tuner (Freeview HD wasn't on my priority). However, I then started looking into it and it has got one (http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-specs/KDL-42W705B/list) 

According to the freeview website, I should get HD reception and indeed, reception is good for the SD Channels. I've tried manual tuning (Crystal Palace is my local tower) - but no cigar.

Am I missing something? Is there a special way of tuning HD channels or some specific settings somewhere?

I am willing to accept that I simply don't get reception (it is a communal antenna, which I've heard aren't great for this sort of thing) but wanted to exhaust all possibilities. Seems silly not to use the capability if I can.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
tatcan
Explorer

Hi 

Have you scroll through the channel list as the hd channels aren't at the top as bbc1 will still be channel 1 but hd bbc1 is around channel 40ish i think.

TC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your TV is capable of receiving HD broadcasts as it has a DVB-T2 Tuner.  HD Content has been transmitting from Crystal Palace for many years now. 

If do you no have HD channels (They are channels 101 to 111 on Freeview), try doing a full scan of the channels.  However if you are still not able to pick up the channels, you will probably need to call someone in regards to your TV Aerial.  It might need adjusting or even replacing (if its very old - predigital switchover).

Cheers