Join now - be part of our community!

TV developed a Vertical line, SONY wont repair it PURCHASED 15/12/1014

SOLVED
knockerbrown
Explorer

TV developed a Vertical line, SONY wont repair it PURCHASED 15/12/1014

Hi

contacted Sony regarding a vertical line on my TV and with it only being out off UK < warranty for a few weeks got told by the repairers that Sony are not going to subtidise the repair in any way, the cost is for the panel itself is 871.00 pounds I was told by the repairers

I am sure A Sony TV should not last 57 weeks should it. costing 1300.00 pounds

Model is KD-55x8505b

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Please have a read of this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/sony-bravia-led-kdl40w605b-eight-red-blinks-error/m-p/20...

There is an option you can take, but it is with the retailer you purchased it from, under the 'Sale of Goods Act'

Cheers

View solution in original post

knockerbrown
Explorer

thanks for the info peeps

contacted Currys mentioned on the phone for the garantee that I am refering to the EU law regarding getting the TV fixed , and he said thats another thing then! so TV is going to get picked up on this following Monday.

🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
adyjay33

Trading standards...

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Please have a read of this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/sony-bravia-led-kdl40w605b-eight-red-blinks-error/m-p/20...

There is an option you can take, but it is with the retailer you purchased it from, under the 'Sale of Goods Act'

Cheers

knockerbrown
Explorer

thanks for the info peeps

contacted Currys mentioned on the phone for the garantee that I am refering to the EU law regarding getting the TV fixed , and he said thats another thing then! so TV is going to get picked up on this following Monday.

🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent :slight_smile:

They may try and fob you off again, but stick by it and you should be ok.