Join now - be part of our community!

TV KDL-26EX553 How to record on a USB stich?

profile.country.GB.title
cypherinfo
Explorer

TV KDL-26EX553 How to record on a USB stich?

Hello, I'm using your TV model and after having read its documentation I wonder if it is capable to let user to record a TV programme on a USB stich (pen drive); if yes how?
If not I do suggest you to add that feature via a software upgrade.
Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

USB Recording is available on your TV.

• Firstly, you will need a USB drive of 32GB or more.  From forum member experiences though, 64GB or higher gives better results. 
  • Plug the USB Drive into the USB port labled "HDD Rec"
  • You will then need to register this USB drive to the TV.  See instruction : HERE
  • For one touch recording, see instruction : HERE
  • For timer recording, see instructions : HERE
  • To watch what you have recorded, see instructions : HERE
  • To delete what you have recorded, see instructions : HERE
  • To pause live TV, see instructions : HERE

Hopefully this helps

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
cypherinfo
Explorer

Thank you for your answer.

I wonder if the recorded file may be played on my PC.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the recorded files cannot be played back on a PC or any other device.  This is because the recordings are encrypted.  This is not just Sony.  All manufacturers must encrypt recordings made from a device that has a DVB-T2 Tuner (ie. Freeview HD).  Its mandatory to encrypt recordings made from a HD channel, but not from a SD channel.  However most manufacturers encrypt both SD and HD recordings anyhow.

Hope that explains things.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
cypherinfo
Explorer

Once aain thank you for your contribution :slight_smile:

I wonder if someone has found a way to make possible playing a record saved on an USB stich on a PC.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome.

As far as I understand it, I dont think people are too worried about 'cracking it' as many of the shows are available on various other services (ie catch up TV / Netflix etc).  Also you probably need some type of engineering degree/skills - and I wont pretend to say I have them as I dont :slight_smile:

Cheers