Join now - be part of our community!

TV Sideview "Cannot playback"

jarsudsco
Explorer

TV Sideview "Cannot playback"

Hello,

I got a KDL-42W653A on Thursday and set up most things without any problems including TVSideview on both my iPhone and iPad - they both seemed to work fully, if a little sluggishly.

Yesterday (Friday) the TV picked up some new software from somewhere and I just agreed to the update.  The TV restarted and seemed fine but both the TVSideview apps now refuse to change the channel via the program guide (or "Watch Now" on the iPad) - most of the time they just come back with "Cannot playback", sometimes they ask if I want to turn the power to the TV on (even though it's already on).  However they do seem to have a connection as the on-screen remote control seems to work fine.

I found a post about this same problem that suggested deleting the devices from the TV, which I did, in fact I did a factory reset, and also re-installing the apps on the phone and the tablet which I also did but after re-registering the devices the problem remains.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions as to how to get the apps working again.

Also, I have a Windows PC that stores my music library and a small video collection, I've put a lot of effort into making sure the ID3 tags of the music files are accurate - the track numbers and album artwork are all correct and this PC has been serving the files to various other PC's succesfully for some time, using Windows Media Player 11.

The KDL-42W653A sees the server, shows me the various folders and files and will play the tracks, but only seems to show album tracks in alphabetical order, and it doesn't show any of the album art.

Is there a way to get it to show the album art and the tracks in the correct order?

Any help or suggestions much appreciated,

jarsudsco

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Batfinkk

I think this is more a limitation of DLNA via Windows Media Player if thats how you are streaming the content to the TV. DLNA has frustratingly not really been developed much over the last few years and so things like album artwork have to be managed by the server (WMP).