Join now - be part of our community!

TV+Sky+VCR Problems using HTML

profile.country.en_GB.title
floortester
Visitor

TV+Sky+VCR Problems using HTML

I have a KDL40W2000 HD TV, a Sony RDR-HXD870 DVD & Hard disc recorder and a Sky Box connected as recommended by high quality scart cables.  It has work well so far for three years except I get an ear deafening shriek when I turn the Sky Box off, unless I remember to turn off the sound and then turn off the analgue signal. If I turn off the TV & the Sky box, I get the shriek when I turn back on.  I finally gave up and called in an engineer who thought it was audio feedback with the bundle of scart leads and recommended that I output the VCR via HTML to the TV. I now find that I can only see the Sky output if I turn the TV to line 5, turn on the VCR and switch the line input to Line 1, The original scart output from the Sky Box remains in place but now is not producing a signal (or at least the TV cannot see it), even if I change the input setting to it. Prior to the change to HTML I was unable to change to Sky without changing the channel on the TV, this had worked until the GuidePlus transmissions died in January - a coincidence?

Anyone have some ideas on setups to correct this before I try plugging the scarts back in again

Regards

Floortester

0 REPLIES 0