Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to receive BBC Sport App and BBC News App

profile.country.GB.title
muffin1947

Unable to receive BBC Sport App and BBC News App

I seem to be unable to view the BBC Sports App and the  BBC News App and get the following messages in blue.

1  REPARSE DOCUMENTS as HTML

2 www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#NT-STag

Can someone help.

The TV is a Sony KDL-42w653A

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
grangeroyston
New

I've got the same problem. I tried to report it to the BBC but have had no response. I don't know if you know, but if you move the cursor down to the 'reparse as html' line with the remote control and press OK, it will then open the sport app and let you use it.

profile.country.GB.title
muffin1947

Nothing happens when I use the remote control,Is this a TV problem as I have no trouble getting into these Apps on my Amazon Fire stick and also on my Youview box.How do I contact Sony to ask about this problem.Also I have only just started to get this problem it has been fine before have you only just started getting the problem. 

profile.country.GB.title
grangeroyston
New

Sorry, I can't help you any further, I'm not an expert. I just thought the workround of OKing the reparse comment to get it working might be useful. From my googling the only people with this problem are you, me and someone on the digitalspy forum, so I don't expect it'll get much attention! Yes I just started getting the problem last weekend.

profile.country.GB.title
muffin1947

Thanks for your replies and I am the one who put it on Digital Spy as I thought there maybe someone on there who might have the answer.

One of the things I tried was a factory reset which seems to have caused another small problem before I did the reset I used the program  + and - button to change channels but now when I press it I get a list of the channels and I have to scroll to the channel I want to watch.Cannot see anything in settings about this.

I have exactly the problem with the same TV. Also the App list has been. Much curtailed. Has to be a TV problem. I've posted on the Sony UK Facebook page to try and get a response.

profile.country.GB.title
sharealamkapadi

Me too