Join now - be part of our community!

VAT refund problems

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
1DissatisfiedCustomer
Visitor

VAT refund problems

I recently bought a Sony tv and there wasn't a European Guarantee Information Document enclosed. I phoned the helpline on the 'Get the VAT-back with Sony' brochure and Adil told me that the till receipt was the European Guarantee. This seems logical as we are in the EU. However, I have been informed that my claim has been rejected, even though I put a note on the form and the call reference number.

I phoned the helpline this morning and I have been told to send a letter giving the details. As I only have 28 days to appeal, concidering possible postal delays due to bad weather, and the fact that I have explained the situation over the phone, and been unable to speak to a team leader as requested, and put the information in writing on the application form, what can I do?

Does anyone know that the elusive European Guarantee Information Document looks like and can Sony send one to me so that I can send it to their promotion company in order to claim my VAT back?

As you can possible guess, I am a very dissatisfied customer!

Q

67 REPLIES 67
starl1ght
Visitor

Start the Car or Lee. Whichever. Am not at all sure how this forum works being of vererable years. Are you something to do with Sony? If so I have the same problem with VAT refunds.Sent the paperwork away, not by registered post unfortunatley,and Sony declare they have not recieved it. Very convenient. Went back to John lewis to get anoyher till reciept to start the loop again  but they will not provide one even though I have a copy of the original,  Any ideas if this gets to you?.

davebooth27
New

Another one for the other side of the coin. Bought my kit from a web-retailer, so didn't even have a proper purchase invoice, just a print-out of the order confirmation email. Sent off documentation on 17th Dec, recorded delivery. Received cheque in post today. It may be less-than-perfectly organised, but it isn't a scam.

daz777
Visitor

Hi sent my vat cash back on the 22/11 had a letter back on the 17/12 dated 03/12.Your appliction has been rejected for the following reason,a serial number supplied has been used on another application.So i checked the box and tv.Ring the help line to say i have sent the right serial number.Told to send the form again 17/12.Its now the 21/01 and still no vat cash back,ring the help line today and they said your vat cash back is being processed.

Message was edited by: daz777

bkm100
Visitor

Lee

How do I PM you...? Yout email is private in your profile. Feel free to PM me if you wish.

Posted my claim on Nov 7th, not heard anything and am becoming concerned.

regards

tjmerc
Visitor

Hi Lee,

How do i contact you regarding  this Sony vat back, deadline fast approaching, waited 2 months now and my patience is  starting to run out.

Regards

Tim.

Black-Hole
Visitor

Hi,

I sent in a vat claim form for my new Sony KDL-52HX903 on 5th January. My wife phoned chasing the refund on Friday and was told you have no record of it. I've checked my recorded certificate and it shows it delivered on 8th January but signed for by ADCOCK BOX 21, which is not very reassuring since the destination address on the recorded certificate clearly shows it correctly as to be delivered to PO BOX 100 at IP98 1SY (Royal Mail bar code AH367632625GB).

I'd appreciate your help with this. Is this signee one of your guys? What am I to do about this? This situation seems very worrisome for me and very unfair considering I've done everything correctly as far as I am concerned.

Look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Peter Evans

PS I'd send more detail, but not sure if this message is going to be posted publicly.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

FTAO....

poliver77

davebooth27

daz777

bkm100

tjmerc

Black-Hole

StartTheCar wrote:

Afternoon all, and sorry for not jumping on this one sooner.

To start with, and in an effort to add some level of perspective, this promotion (more than predicted) went into orbit over the festive season.

As a result, and given the almost silly number of claims processed, there was bound to a small number that went a little bit wrong.

Thankfully these have been few and far between and on the whole VAT-BACK has proved to be a pretty easy promotion to support.  For most of our customers, the process has gone smoothly.

Now, I completely understand that in each of the case you present, it has been anything but.  With this in mind and in and effort to resolve the issues, can I ask you to PM me with your name, address and if possible a copy of any documentation you may have (receipts, rejection letters etc)

Assuming they are valid claims (which I am sure they will be) I will make absolutely sure they go through.

For anyone else, please do stick with the process thats in place.  If the completed forms and relevent documents get to the handling house there will not be a problem and all valid claims will be processed.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Regards
Lee

If any of you are still concerned then I suggest you contact Lee via Private Message.

Private messages can be found by clicking on Private message link at the top right of this page or click the following link to send a message to Lee (StartTheCar) - PM StartTheCar

sumitb
Visitor

Hi Lee

I have sent a PM to you . Exactly the same problem as others. Just 3 days before deadline, got a letter saying " your claim has been rejected due to following reason" and there is NO reason given. Just a blank line after that. and then another line to say I have to resubmit all the documents again which is not quite nice as i already did that last time and spent money on Signed Delivery as well. Now I have to do that again and I don't know even know what information was missing...or what was the problem...last time for me as well for any sony products...

thx

TimApp
Visitor

Hi Lee

1. I purchased two DAB clock radios Model No: XDR-D512iP for £79.95 each from John Lewis on 7th of December on the basis of your promotion to get the VAT back and sent of my claims form on the same day.
  2. I had  a letter back dated 17/01/11 from your PO Box address in Diss apoplogising for the delay in processing my claim.
  3. Two days ago I get a letter stating that my claim has been rejected because I did not purchase from the range of participating Sony products.
  4. The promo signage in John Lewis didn't state "Selected Products etc" just Sony Products.
  5. I rang the 01379 649499 number which rang for 11 mniutes unanswered before I hung up.
  6. I then phoned your Customer Support line on 0844 846 6555 and spoke to Faraz who basically told ne it wasn't your problem but to take it up with John Lewis as it is not your responsibility for the way  a third party retailer advertises your promotions.
  7. Also he said that I was the only person who had complained about this and I can see now that I'm not.
  8. I welcome your comments
arkumar88
Visitor

Hi,

Could you please let me know how I get in touch about where my claim is and whether it is being processed or not? I too sent the documents and have had no response. Where should I send my details privately?

Regards

Arun Kumar