Join now - be part of our community!

W654: Store Zoom setting per channel?

profile.country.en_GB.title
hcr_hassen

W654: Store Zoom setting per channel?

Is there a way to store the Zoom setting per channel? I constantly have to switch manually between 16:9 and 4:3.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi hcr_hassen and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

I'm guessing 'no' but then again I don't own one.

Hopefully someone with a bit more TV knowledge will be able to confirm  / deny this for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

1. Press [HOME] button on remote control and goto : Settings > Display > Screen
  2. Set "Target Input" to either Common or Current (dependig on what you are using in the Picture settings) Can set the same Settings for both too (which I have done)
  3. Set "Screen Format" to "FULL" (or whatever you wish)
  4. Set "Auto Format" to ON
  5. Set "4:3 Default" to Normal
  6. Exit out

And that should do it.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Bingo!

Cheers Quinnicus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No probs :slight_smile: Back to Football (Brazil loosing again)

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Yes and I'm delighted :yahoo:

Its funny the two teams with most fouls committed up until this match are playing each other for third place.

'Thank you very much' - Exits the TV forum quickly.

hcr_hassen

Thanks jumpsuit. :slight_smile:

And thanks Quinnicus for the suggestion. Automatic doesn't work well. Some 576i channels are 4:3, some are in fact 16:9, so I just want to store my own custom Zoom setting per each channel.

It would be somewhat better if I could configure the Zoom button on the remote to just switch between these two modes, but since there are 5 modes and a popup window this process becomes even more tedious.

Sony: How about releasing the UI code for your TVs as open source? :slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately it doesnt work that way on a channel by channel basis.

For me, the aspect ratio on freeview channels switch from "full" to "normal" correctly.   However, once apon a time (im not sure these days) a 4:3 channel displaying a 16:9 ratio made interesting results (looking at you VIVA)  However I think they have changed this now.  So if this is the case for you, its just the broadcaster being idiots.

Cheers

hcr_hassen

Quite possibly this is something that could/should be solved with image format broadcast flags of some sort, but if that's what Sony are counting on then it's shortsighted.

I don't know if they're reading this forum, but they should add this feature in a future firmware, and maybe also a setting to control what formats are available in the Zoom menu. If you the user leaves just two formats, on a press of the Zoom button, change between the two formats directly without showing the popup menu.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try adding your suggestion to the following thread:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/future-bravia-features-requests-suggestions/m-p/224766

Cheers