Join now - be part of our community!

Wall mounting a small 24W605 tv

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
JADASTIC
Explorer

Wall mounting a small 24W605 tv

Hi, I've just purchased the 24W605 and I have attached it to the wall using the brackets supplied. But I now find I want it cantilevered off the wall so that I can see it from our kitchen table as well. Does anyone have a suggestion for a wall bracket that would do the job, it seems Sony don't make one.
Cheers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you may have guessed, the W6 series does not have the standard VESA holes to connect to a normal wall mount.  Unfortunately, there is no easy solution to this problem that for some reason Sony decided to create.

There is no off-the-shelf solution either.

I have heard it talked about on the AV Forums that if your clever enough, you could engineer your own bracket mount using a panel of wood or metal.  You could mount the TV onto a piece of wood or metal (using Sony's bracket), drill a few standard VESA holes into it, then mount that onto a VESA compatible wall mount.  Not an ideal solution (or easy infact) - and I would assume not recommended by Sony either.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you may have guessed, the W6 series does not have the standard VESA holes to connect to a normal wall mount.  Unfortunately, there is no easy solution to this problem that for some reason Sony decided to create.

There is no off-the-shelf solution either.

I have heard it talked about on the AV Forums that if your clever enough, you could engineer your own bracket mount using a panel of wood or metal.  You could mount the TV onto a piece of wood or metal (using Sony's bracket), drill a few standard VESA holes into it, then mount that onto a VESA compatible wall mount.  Not an ideal solution (or easy infact) - and I would assume not recommended by Sony either.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
JADASTIC
Explorer

Hi there thanks for the suggestion. I think I had already come to the conclusion that 'wood' will need to be used somewhere, but your idea is a good one, will give it a go.

Thanks