Join now - be part of our community!

Watch movies wireless

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
Knivskarp
Visitor

Watch movies wireless

How do I stream/send movies from my computer, MacBook Pro wireless to my TV.

I have installed the USB-stick, and I can watch Internet videos like Youtube etc on the TV, but how do I configure my laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi,

You did not mentioned the model of your TV ? but thats OK :cool:

Watching movies by wireless called DLNA

To succeed, both TV and your laptop should be DLNA certified

I have limited information about MacBook, but as a basic you have to make your laptop as a DLNA server

Many softwares are available to enable DLNA server ... Serviio is good one and it is freeware.

Kindly keep in mind, that you will watch only some types of movie files. Not all....as example you will not be able to watch flash movive files with extension .flv

The below Sony link have group of video guides which will help you to connect your laptop

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/resources/en_AP/html/Usefulinfo/video_tutorial/your_start.htm?refer...

Have a good luck and success

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi,

You did not mentioned the model of your TV ? but thats OK :cool:

Watching movies by wireless called DLNA

To succeed, both TV and your laptop should be DLNA certified

I have limited information about MacBook, but as a basic you have to make your laptop as a DLNA server

Many softwares are available to enable DLNA server ... Serviio is good one and it is freeware.

Kindly keep in mind, that you will watch only some types of movie files. Not all....as example you will not be able to watch flash movive files with extension .flv

The below Sony link have group of video guides which will help you to connect your laptop

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/resources/en_AP/html/Usefulinfo/video_tutorial/your_start.htm?refer...

Have a good luck and success

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Knivskarp
Visitor

Thanks!  I will check this out!!

Btw, the TV was a Sony 40" KDL40EX503AEP