Join now - be part of our community!

WD75 32" nightmare

xazaothx
Explorer

WD75 32" nightmare

Recently purchased a Sony Bravia 32WD756.    The picture is superb but I have 2 issues with it.

1) Lip sync.  The picture is before the sound!!  I am running sound from TV speakers and using the tuner built into the TV.  It happens on all channels.    It's only a fraction out but enough to put me off keeping the TV.

I'm running the latest 8110 firmware - which downloaded the first time I set the TV up.

I've not seen anyone else reporting this issue.   So either I have a faulty set or I am super sensitive to lip sync.

2) The TV is not compatiable with my Humax HDR2000 PVR.   Plugged in over HDMI.   Every time I change channels on the PVR,  the TV thinks a new HDMI signal has been received.   I get the HDMI input message appear at the top of the screen for 5 seconds.

The same happens if I try and forward through a recording.   

This is very annoying and hasn't happened with any other tv previously.

In desperation I purchased a Lindy CEC-less adaptor but it made no difference at all.

Any ideas?   I'm wondering whether to take back and try a new one.   Or just swap for a Samsung instead.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to lip sync, ive not heard of any issues on 2016 non-android TVs.  However, i would recommend a factory reset as this can clear many issues.

In regards to the humax, can you try disabling Bravia Sync on the TV itself?  However im surprised the Lindy CEC-less adaptor didnt work.

Give those a go and see.

Cheers

xazaothx
Explorer

thanks for the reply.

Tried disabling Bravia Sync but didn't make any difference.

I've selected "Factory Defaults"  but didn't help either.   If a factory reset different?  If so how do I do one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it should be under :

Settings > Customer Support > Factory Settings

_20160807_235829.JPG

_20160807_235853.JPG

_20160807_235933.JPG

Cheers

xazaothx
Explorer

thanks for the screen shot - yes that is what I've already tried.

I checked to see if I could rollback to original firmware but its not available.

Not sure what else to try.   Going to get some friends to take a look at lipsync to verify it for me.