Join now - be part of our community!

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ISMADDER
Visitor

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

Any Date yet For ITV PLAYER and CHANNEL 4 ON DEMAND ?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

made thread a sticky

Tags (5)
337 REPLIES 337
Millerde
New

I bought sony bravia thinking it was a really good tv but find cannot add any apps and can't watch 4od and itv player.  Wished we had stuck with samsung.

jmsafety

I am due to upgrade my TV I am not happy that my present TV does not have ITV or 4OD even though it was promised when I purchaced it from a Sony shop.

Any one recomend one that has all the fetures that Sony promised but not delived.

jmsafety

I am due to upgrade my TV I am not happy that my present TV does not have ITV or 4OD even though it was promised when I purchaced it from a Sony shop.

Any one recomend one that has all the fetures that Sony promised but not delived.

Tags (1)
Rumpuss
New

Come on Sony, you have 30 pages of people very disappointed that despite all your promises, we still cannot access 4OD or ITV Player on your (not so) smart TVs.

This is damaging belief and trust in your brand and you need to action this right away to limit the negative impact everyone is expressing here and to provide your customers with a service that is fit for the digital age.

philthee
New

I would not have bought the SOny Bravia had i realised there was no ITV player and 4od.

I won't be buying a Sony TV again if they don't rectify this.

alecoddlyiv
Explorer

The limited response from Sony and the change in OS for the 2015 model has led me to believe that this will never be rectified.

Every time there is a firmware update I think this time but the only App updates that have been rolled out are for Sony to shamelessly tout their own pay to play media content which in itself is fine although overpriced apart from the fact it mocks the built in media players clunky naughties PS3 interface which desperately needs an overhaul.

I purchased Sony Z seiries phones to interact with the tv for myself and my wife and wish I had not now.

Like many others, the reputation Sony had has been undermined by the appaling lack of content for this series of TV.

Someone needs to remind Sony you should under promise and over deliver NOT the other way round.

My next phone upgrade is a year away, will I stick with Sony? 

Brand loyalty is a two way street.....

We are all owed something special as an apology for this ill conceived "smart" tv

alecoddlyiv
Explorer

If you like me are still not happy join me in raising your concerns on Sony UKs facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/SonyUK/?fref=ts

I think posting questions on any of their new tv posts might trigger some response

misterik9
New

Just bought a Bravia and I am DISGUSTED! Who the Hell would think you need to check such a basic feature on a so called "smart" TV? If we dont get this fixed on the next update we should have our parners children and friends post on every TV review site to warn of the substandard Bravia software and Dreadfully slow interface....

Really DISGUSTED!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Toppam
Explorer

Assuming you bought it new, TAKE IT BACK RIGHT NOW! Don't wait. Put it back in the box and return it. Buy a Samsung and BE HAPPY! If they ask you why you're returning it tell them that the goods are not 'as described' - why on earth would a 'SMART TV' not have ITV Player?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

If you have a 2015 Android TV, YouView will be enabled from the 4th November, which includes ITV Player and 4OD.  See HERE for more information.

If your have a 2015 non-Android based TV, or previous years models, then as far as I am aware, there is currently no plans to introduce these 2 catchup services.

ITV Player and 4OD was never a feature on TVs and was never advertised as such.  It is no secret that these two services are not available, so if you were mis-sold your tv, then you need to take it up with your retailer.

My advice to everyone is to always do your research before purchasing any product.  This ensures that you get a product that matches your requirements and not disappointed afterwards.

Thank you.