Join now - be part of our community!

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ISMADDER
Visitor

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

Any Date yet For ITV PLAYER and CHANNEL 4 ON DEMAND ?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

made thread a sticky

Tags (5)
337 REPLIES 337
abillybob

Wow! Thanks for looking after your old customers and hardware (sarcasm) 

I bought my Sony TV December last year and spent upward of £1000 on it, I have already had to send it back as it was developing stuck pixels and the customer support I recieved from Sony's service center was appalling. I had an old 40" Bravia and another before then, I am a long time Sony customer. 

Because you have now decided you won't bother helping out your older customers and because of the nightmare that is your customer support I won't be buying anything Sony again I feel really let down. I work for a school as a Network Manager who where about to spend £5000 on Sony televisions for digital signage, I have persuaded them against this due to my recent experience, they are now buying Samsung panels instead. 

I will be making sure that I recommend against purchasing a Sony product to anyone that asks and as the IT guy I get asked these questions a lot! 

Thanks for nothing Sony. 

chlorin26
New

chlorin26
New

Toppam
Explorer

Quinnicus

Utter, utter bolleaux. 

These TVs were sold with a set of capabilities that was advertised by Sony and the retailers in general terms. I don't see how the retailers were to blame as in all likelihood they too were misled about the potential to add to the capabilities on offer at point of sale with others (ITV Player etc), which might reasonably have been expected to have been delivered subsequently.

If the additional capabilities had been technically impossible (eg the expectation that an HD Ready TV might evolve into a Full HD system) then that would have been unreasonable. However, this was not the case and Sony are culpable in hiding behind the retailers. Even now, people are buying Sony TV sets thinking that they are going to get the full range of services and neither Sony nor the retailers are putting them right (which is why I make a point of telling anyone I find looking at Sony TVs to look elsewhere).

I buy a lot of TVs, but neither I, nor my extended family, will ever do so again.  

jmsafety

I bought my TV from a Sony shop in Warrington (no longer in buisness) and was told by the sales person that Sony where commited to fetching ITV player to the platform we did have 4OD but that vanished.

I have lost faith in Sony and will never buy one of their products again and am advising all freinds and family the same.

I teach customer service and use this experiance of bad customer service to my pupils so passing the message on this way.

jmsafety

I bought mine from Sony themselves, no joy as they shut the shop

Spoiler

Can I get the ITV hub that has just come out? 

seboyad

You are having a laugh right?

I bought an expensive 2014 UHD 4K TV, hardly pre-historic, and you can't even be bothered to string together a few lines of code to support these simple apps.

I've got a shed load of Sony kit and this lack of support has become an enduring theme in their product line.  More fool me for sticking with you guys' products.

I hope Kaz is reading this thread and knocks some heads together.

profile.country.GB.title
CHRIS1066

I agree with the various posts about !TV player and C4player etc. But I fear nothing is ever going to change. I got tired of waiting and purchased 2x NOWTV box`s for both of my Sony TVs, the performance is very good for the outlay cost of £10 each, they are often sold on Ebay for even less. The HD content is 720p which still provides a perfectly clean picture.

This problem is not just with Sony but most brands except Samsung who must be feeling very smug and having a great laugh on the side lines.

profile.country.GB.title
CHRIS1066

The worst part of all this is at the moment ITV keep on plugging their new ITVplayer Hub ready for Xmas.