Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless device on TV not accessible

SOLVED
rayhow
Explorer

Wireless device on TV not accessible

My two-month-old KDL-32WD756 TV suddenly lost contact with the home wireless network. No settings had been changed, and the router is still communicating with other devices. A check on the network status, after searching, gives the following error report:

Wireless device on TV: Not accessible

Local access: Failed

Internet access: Failed

Does the first line of this report suggest a fault with the TV?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Robertventers
Explorer

Local access failed

Internet access failed can you help

Hello, my tv is having the same issue, but mine will not allow me to turn on the built in Wifi option. 

profile.country.GB.title
Tintack500
Explorer

I've had my KDL 42WF663 for less than 28 days. The wireless device in the TV keeps turning off meaning I can't watch anything that requires an internet connection. If the TV is turned off the connection is always lost and it is difficult to make a reconnection when switching on. The error messages include "wireless device on TV turned off" but it isn't possible to switch it back in settings and "wireless device not accessible". Setting up an internet connection as if starting from initial installation doesn't work even after a reboot of both the TV and router, something which I shouldn't have to repetitively do.. The router signal is strong and this is not the problem. 

I've had a Samsung Smart TV that has never let me down and unless a permanent solution can be given I'm going to return this Sony Bravia TV as not being fit for purpose or as advertised. I suspect that it's is a failure of the unit. 

I've tried the so called solutions in this message stream and they no longer work. 

Do Sony have a permanent fix to this annoying problem or is my solution to request a refund from the retailer and a reinvestment in a TV that I have confidence in?