Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless n with KDL-46NX723

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Hjaunn
Visitor

Wireless n with KDL-46NX723

I have some problem to connect to a wireless n network with my KDL-46NX723.

When I change to only n in the router the tv will connect and all will work fine. But when I start the tv the next day the tv says it is connected but cant get access to the network anymore.

If i change the router to g all will work fine.

If I change the router to g/n (both g and n) the tv have access to the network but it will be slow (<1mb/s).

My router is a ASUS RT-N56U but I have also tested with an Apple extreme (v2).

Firmware on tv: PKG4.017EUA

Any ideas?

Message was edited by: Hjaunn

Added firmware

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im not too sure on your problem (firmwear is fine), I think its more to do with the settings on your router/network, rather than the TV itself. One thing to try is, set the TV to a fixed IP address instead of DHCP. Personally, Im not a fan of having perminant devices with a 'temporary' (word used loosely) IP Address.

Also, You say the TV is connected, is that via the Check Connection Status on the TV (through network settings)?

Cheers.

Hjaunn
Visitor

Maybe I wasn't so clear in my desciption.

I wan't the wireless n to work because I have other devices that I need to work in wireless n.

This is what's happening:

802.11g - TV connects and can access the network. Good downstream (ie watch Youtube HD and stream HD from NAS)

802.11g/n - TV connects and can access the network at first with good downstream. 1 day later the TV can still access the network but the downstream is bad. Can't watch HD content.

802.11n (only, Greenfield enabled) - TV connects and can access the network at first with good downstream. 1 day later the TV connects to wireless (it get an IP-address) but can't access network at all.

I have tried to get a static IP-address for the TV but it doesn't change anything.

With connected I mean that you can see the router in the network settings (SSID, Signal strenght, IP-address etc), but in the n (only) case the Check Connection Status fail.

Use WPA2.

Message was edited by: Hjaunn

WPA2 & Greenfield

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

do a factory re set then do the internet set up again as this usually alway clears any glitches in the system.

oh, and dont forget to reset the router (unplug from wall for around 30 seconds), you could try that first actually if your worried that you may lose any settings previously stored on the tv.

Hjaunn
Visitor

Have already done that (factory reset in settings/systemsettings/Common setting - translated from swedish), but will try that again.

Can I do a "harder" reset?

I saw that the US-market have an later firmware, PKG4.019...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im still thinking about this one to be honest. I have the same TV, on the same firmware and Wireless N works good. I still think its a setting on your router. A suggestion though - Change your Wireless channel to another one, maybe higher up, just in case theres a hell of a lot of congestion. Also, have to tested it with Greenfield mode OFF?

Is the router in the same room as the TV. Im thinking outside the box here slighly, as in an environmental factor. Maybe a closed door? An electrical device switched on, that wasnt before?

Other than that, I havnet got anything else to suggest.

Cheers.

Hjaunn
Visitor

A reset didn't work (tried with uparrow on remote + on/off button on TV).

With Greenfield off it is the same as g/n.

Quinnicus: What router do you have?

Anonymous
Not applicable

D-Link DSL-2780. TalkTalk Supplied.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

you have not said if the router is in the same room or not, Sony tv's are a bit temperamental if its in another room, try relocating the router if possible maybe a little nearer and away from any other electrical devices.

have you tried to get a stable connection with lan ?, if it works ok with that then its a wireless connectivity issue.

Hjaunn
Visitor

The wireless work fine jsut when I reboot the router. But after I shut down the tv and start it again, it doesn't work so well anymore. So I don't think it's not the location of the router that's the problem.

If I have wireless g all is working fine. It's just problem with wireless n.

I'm starting to believe more and more that it's the router that's the problem.