Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless Network Connectivity - KDL32CX520BU

profile.country.en_GB.title
taxingmonk
Visitor

Wireless Network Connectivity - KDL32CX520BU

Hi,

I've been using a Sony KDL32CX520BU with a UWABR100 for around about a year now with no issues.  We mostly use Skype and have a camera.  Recently however I've been getting an issue where I cannot connect to the network.  I am unable to obtain an IP address, I get 169.x.x.x, and a network check shows that both the local network and internet connectivity is unavailable, which makes sense with the standard "I don't know what IP to use" 169 address the TV has selected and the equally invented subnet mask.

I've read all sorts of suggestions, a recurring theme is that the router is incompatible with the TV but having run this configuraiton for a number of months I don't think so, I've also got the firmware upgrade for all network components set to manual so I don't believe any sort of sneaky upgrade has occurred to change its behaviour without my knowing.  I also have other network devices connecting to the router without a problem, an they obtain dynamic IPs without issue so I don't think there is anything wrong with DNS. 

The network configuration has remained unchanged.  The only way to resolve this, seems to be to power off the TV (hard power off) and turn it back on again and then I can get it to work, but this isn't consistent.  Not to mention doing this is a real pain in the backside as the socket isn't easily accessable.  Sometimes my SSID doesn't appear in the list of options, and interestingly neither do any of the others in the nearby area, which my tablet and my phone can both see so I'm inclined to think this is an issue with the TV.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Max

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Hi

My experience with wireless connections in general and also UWA-BR100 in special is that many sort of issues can effect wireless connectivity in standard home environments.

1. Other wireless devices or electrical noise sources may disturb. Try to turn of these if any to see if that helps

2. Metal boxes or other similar objects within proximity can cause EMC diffraction. Try to move the UWA-BR100 a around to see if that helps, if you won't move furniture.

You didn't mention what type of wireless router you are using and with which setup, but also a change of mode or channel can help. (it is probably auto selecting the channel, but you can select manually).

Other wireless devices like PC, phone etc. may work fine even though you are having the above problems with the Bravia.

Nielsen

Message was edited by: -Cass-

PhilstaPT
Visitor

Hi - I have exactly the same problem as Max with a KDL-32CX523 and the same Sony wireless adapter. It worked fine for many months and has recently stopped detecting my wireless network, even with the router right next to it. It automatically updated firmware recently to PKG4.012EUA-0104, which I suspect is the culprit. I have tried re-installing this from a memory stick, to no avail. It is apparently not possible to roll-back to previous firmaware versions.

Others seem to be experiencing similar issues - http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1276328-sony-bravia-nx703-internet-issue-please-help..... In this case, a replacement TV was needed to resolve the problem! I am anxious to avoid this so would be most grateful for any advice experts out there can offer. Is there a problem with recent firmware upgrades that might be preventing the UWABR100 from functioning as it used to? If so, please fix it Sony!

With thanks in anticipation

Phil

PhilstaPT
Visitor

I've just realised that the forum link I included above is from 2010, so it can't be a problem resulting from recent firmware changes. However, I have all the same symptoms (IP address automatically being assigned starting 169.x.x.x, no networks being identified - it used to find mine and several others in the neighbourhood etc.). Has the USB adapter developed a fault? Or the TV itself?

Phil

number999
Visitor

Hi

Same problem as yours KDL 40EX403 with UWA-BR100

Have spent hours changing settings etc doing exactly what you have done

Works fine when Lan is direct into TV

I'm thinking UWA-BR100 may be problem?

Less than 2 years old, from Amazon UK 28/11/10

Can Sony confirm its covered by guarantee?

How do I get replacement?

Or if its not that, what is it?

Martin