Join now - be part of our community!

WWE Network not working on new Sony KDL-50W829...

SOLVED
sdwight
Explorer

WWE Network not working on new Sony KDL-50W829...

Hi - I recently bought this TV and am having a technical issue... although the TV has The WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) Network built in as one of the internet apps/services, it does not work AT ALL -  it let me sign in to it, but then there is just constant buffering without any access to the content/service. I have a VERY good internet connection (wired to the TV) and there is no problem when I access/play The Network through my laptop or i-Pad.  

Are there any other wrestling fans out there who can - or can't - watch the WWE Network on their Sony TVs?  It's really frustrating... The Network is costing me £9.99 a month - and I mainly bought the TV so I could watch it on it! Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Afternoon

As Jumpsuit said above, your internet speed is more than capable of streaming video content to your TV. 

Considering your TV is 'wired' up, I think the next stage is to ensure that you have the latest firmware updates on your TV.  ollow the instructions : HERE

Once done fully updated, can you please reset your TV back to factory default.  Instructions : HERE

Hopefully this solves the problem.  If not, check on the forums of your ISP, and see if others are reporting streaming issues?  It might be an ISP network related issue.

Cheers

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@sdwight Welcome to the Community!

Glad you like the wrestling :wink:

My first question is "Are you a Rose Bud?" I am lol.

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you bar checking network settings etc on the TV.

Hopefully a fellow expert may have more of an idea.

If all else fails have you tried  'throwing' to the TV from your ipad etc?. (Or connect via HDMI?)

Also you could try posting on their facebook page like This Guy did.

In the meantime it's a great opportunity for me to share this:

When will they let Newcastle legend Adrian Neville on Smackdown / Raw? :angry:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What speed is your internet connection when going to :

http://www.speedtest.net

Its hard to compare between an iPad and TV because many streaming companies reduce the quality/bitrate of the video feed for mobile devices (ie iPads etc) - keeping a better quality video/audio for the TV.  This then requires a internet connection with adequade speed.

First things first.  Please test your internet speed and post back.

Cheers

sdwight
Explorer

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi there

What speed is your internet connection when going to :

http://www.speedtest.net

Its hard to compare between an iPad and TV because many streaming companies reduce the quality/bitrate of the video feed for mobile devices (ie iPads etc) - keeping a better quality video/audio for the TV.  This then requires a internet connection with adequade speed.

First things first.  Please test your internet speed and post back.

Cheers

Thanks... my speed-test results were:

Ping: 28 ms

Download Speed: 47.56 Mbps

Upload Speed: 12.11 Mbps

sdwight
Explorer

@jumpsuit wrote:

@sdwight Welcome to the Community!

Glad you like the wrestling :wink:

My first question is "Are you a Rose Bud?" I am lol.

Thanks, lol.  Of course I'm a Rose bud - don't be a lemon... :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

ROFL at "Don't be a lemon"

Just for us then:

(Oh and your internet speed seems more than capable :wink: )

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Afternoon

As Jumpsuit said above, your internet speed is more than capable of streaming video content to your TV. 

Considering your TV is 'wired' up, I think the next stage is to ensure that you have the latest firmware updates on your TV.  ollow the instructions : HERE

Once done fully updated, can you please reset your TV back to factory default.  Instructions : HERE

Hopefully this solves the problem.  If not, check on the forums of your ISP, and see if others are reporting streaming issues?  It might be an ISP network related issue.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@Anonymous I'm sorry, but before he takes any of your advice we have to know

if you're a Rosebud or not! :yahoo:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not sure what a rosebud is (without it being censored on this forums :grin: )

However, I am a Mick Foley fan.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

LOL - all you have to do is watch the video to find out :yahoo:

Mick Foley - ahhhh now we're starting to go back a bit.

I see your Mick Foley and have to raise you The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Remember members - Austin 3:16 "Don't trust anybody." lol

p.s.

@sdwight Thank you for the glorious opportunity to hijack this thread lol