Join now - be part of our community!

YouTube Not Loading KDL-42W674A

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
jeretc
Explorer

YouTube Not Loading KDL-42W674A

Hi my Sony Bravia TV "KDL-42W674A" has problems loading Youtube, it stopped working since yesterday. Any solutions available? 

I have done Network & Content update and also firmware is latest nothing to update.

Thank you.

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.UA.title
Mikhey22
Explorer

The same issue with SONY KDL32W705C. Every turning on my TV i need to do the factory reset and/or clearing the cookies.

profile.country.GB.title
vsonyy

The same issue with SONY KDL50W815B. Every day turning on my TV i need to do the factory reset so that YOUTUBE can work. This is not a solution.Is anybody from Sony team can reply to this issue

profile.country.GB.title
Olaibra
Explorer

Oh, my God that’s awful, I won’t want this to happen to me too so can Sony
pls reply on how to fix this problem if it repeat itself cos am thinking
too that it would not be good for the tv. Having said that tho, it nearly
happened to me the next day too but I just quickly switched the tv off from
the main and put it back on then it started to work, so yes, Sony we will
like to have your view on this please. Thank you.
PK_baska
New

For KDL-55W805B solution works, Thank you:-)

profile.country.GB.title
agirebox81
Explorer

I definitly try doing that :slight_smile: have a great day 
many thanks Agnieszka 

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
profile.country.GB.title
johnjones
Explorer

I've done the re-set twice already. The first worked for a few days, the second a few hours. My solution. Buy an Amazon firestick and access You Tube through that. £40 but if like me you watch a lot on YT then its worth it and it saves constantly resetting tour TV. You also get the ITV and C4 apps which you don't on the Bravia.

profile.country.GB.title
Makox11
New

Hey folks, i had the same Problem with an Kdl50 815b. I tried to delete cookies but YT freezed everytime i restarted it. Now i found a solution that works for me. It you are in YT and you want to watch TV dont press "return". Instead of doing so just on/off with your remote. I guess the Probleme is if you press the return button to go back to TV mode something happens that makes YouTube freeze. Since i do that it works fine for me, no need to delete cookies anymore.

profile.country.GB.title
amegali
Explorer

The main concern for me, I believe, is the fact that Sony did not have an adequate process to warn the users about this issue ahead of time. Even worst, It appears to me that Sony itself was not aware of the issue.

it is important for systems of this nature to be able to send update to users. If Sony in fact, did not have a process to anticipate the issue; the main thing that worries, is that Sony did not have a process to warn users after the issue happened. Which makes me think that Sony did not have a process for this to begin with.

profile.country.GB.title
DrBrady
Explorer

I had a problem like this (Netflix worked fine, but most other streaming apps including YouTube and iPlayer failed to start properly) and started to follow the steps from this thread, but stopped short of a full reset or removing my personal account data. I was about to check the firmware version and realised that the TV's time and date were incorrect (by months) .

I realised that we had disconnected the TV aerial a few weeks back and as we had a power-cut a few days ago, the TV had resorted to the default time as it couldn't pick up the correct time from the broadcast signal.

So, either changing the time settings to use the network (internet) or reconnecting the TV aerial  allowed the TV to pick up the right time and solved the problem for me.