Join now - be part of our community!

youtube videos from mobile to bravia tv please help!

Sherlyta
New

youtube videos from mobile to bravia tv please help!

Hi, I have model KDL40HX753 before it was connecting to youtube through airpair , but I recently learnt that google doesnt support youtube on sony bravia... well I quite don't understand well what it is. the fact the youtube app doesnt appear on my tv anymore.

please will you tell me what it will be the best way to play youtube videos on tv wirelessly? 

I saw there is a device called chromecast, will this made my iphone youtube app showing the tv cast icon to watch it on my tv? because currently it doesn't show as I though it should be, as my tv and phone are in the same network.

do I have to download apps on TV? on my phone? 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,

this is the alert from Sony on YouTube services.

At the link, what you can do with Chromecast:

https://www.google.com/intl/uk_en/chromecast/tv/chromecast/

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Sherlyta and welcome to the Community. :drink:

Yes Chromecast is an easy way to stream from a mobile device to your TV.

I use it for my 12 year Bravia.which has no internet capabilities on its own.

You can use either downloaded media files you have on a mobile device, or online streaming such as Youtube, Netflix etc

Have a look at this brief guide we did click me

Chromecast has also got even better now with many apps on a mobile device now having the option to

'throw' what you are watching straight to your TV, where I used to have to use an app called localcast to

be able to do it.

There are other devices avilable such as Amazon Fire and Apple TV etc. but I haven't tried those yet.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Any questions just let me know.