Join now - be part of our community!

3D woes - seeing double

profile.country.en_GB.title
23e_Heure
Visitor

3D woes - seeing double

Hi All,

I am proud owner of a new VPCL22Z1E all in one desktop. Everything worked fine out of the box... except 3D.

3D display is enabled, and the PC is definitely trying to display 3D.

The 3D image backgrounds have a good sense of depth, but the problem is that all other objects at varied depths are 'doubled up' and ghosting.

I have tried varying the depth settings in the NVIDIA control panel, but this does not help.

The problem is not media dependent: it's happening when I try 3D video (BluRay), 3D games and even the 3D still images supplied by NVIDIA.

The 3D glasses are fully charged.

My wife has the same problem too - so it is not my eyesight!

Can anyone suggest a fix please?

Cant work out if it's the PC (drivers / display settings etc).

Or maybe it's faulty 3D glasses.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
23e_Heure
Visitor

I still haven't found a fix for this... anyone? please!?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi 23e_Heure,

Although a fellow user reading your question here may possibly be able to help, I think it is unlikely and you would be better off speaking to Sony After Sales Support.

Have you spoken to Vaio Support about this?  It sounds like a driver issue but I see the nVidia 3D driver is quite recent.

Enter your Vaio's Serial Number here to get contact details: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts

:thinking:

kilohertz
Visitor

Hi,

I too have recently bought a VPCL22Z1E and have had exactly the same experience as 23e_Heure with 3D. If you close one eye, there is still ghosting visible, suggesting that there is a timing issue synchronising the shutter glasses with what is being displayed on the screen.

Does anyone know if and how this problem can be resolved?