Join now - be part of our community!

£80 upgrade

profile.country.en_GB.title
boo92boo
Visitor

£80 upgrade

i upgraded from vista to windows 7 which sony recomend and now i can,t copy to disc they say there are no upgrade drivers for my vaio VGN-AR61S is there going to be any in the near future ,or are sony going to tell poeple not to upgrade with my model.

Message was edited by: boo92boo

Message was edited by: boo92boo

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi boo92boo,

There are some application and utility Win 7 updates available for your model on the Support site.

Click the Support tab at the top of this page and click online support > enter your model number and click find support. You will find Win 7 upates and original drivers and utilities on the Update tab.

In most cases if there is no driver or utility update available for Win 7 then the Vista version should work.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
collo92
Visitor

I have just tryed to download vaio new driver half way it said i had already got it and stopped, ishould have have said got in touch with sony afew weeks ago and he took over my laptop and said the only way to get my driver to work is take of windows 7 go back to vista (i don't want to ) Got in touch with mycrosoft last week he took over laptop most helpful but nothing he could do. said it was a sony promlem.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Did you carry out an ‘in place upgrade’ or a fresh install of Windows 7?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
collo92
Visitor

I a 75 year old penioner all i no is it says on the the box designed by windows vista upgrade (WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM)

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Your version of Windows 7 requires that either Windows XP or Windows Vista is already installed, but can be used for either a Custom (clean) install or an upgrade (in place) installation.

The following is copied from the Microsoft site:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/upgrading-to-windows-7-frequently-asked-questions

“An upgrade installation of Windows 7 will keep your files, programs, and settings in place. A custom (clean) installation doesn't preserve your files, programs, or settings. If you plan to do a custom installation of Windows 7, be sure to back up your files and other information first. You'll also need to manually reinstall your programs. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows 7. “

My guess is that you carried out a Custom Installation.

As both Sony Support and Microsoft have been unable to resolve the issue I doubt that we on the forum will have any success either.

The way forward is probably to revert to Vista using your recovery media and then carry out an upgrade installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1818-upgrade-install-windows-7-a.html

You haven’t said which driver/utility you are trying to install but I assume that it is ‘Click to Disk’. If this is the case a third party burning application may resolve the issue.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat