Join now - be part of our community!

A bit of help pls

profile.country.ro_RO.title
---avoro---
Visitor

A bit of help pls

Hi,

Yesterday I bought a new Sony Vaio VPCEC1M1E/WI from Spain.

My problem is that the Windows 7 Home Premium it has just 2 languages:Spanish and Catalan(a spanish dialect)

I am not so good at spanish and expecialy in Windows Terms:smileyplain:

I searched the internet how to instal an English Language Pack but i found that ownly Windows 7 Ultimate has this option.

Can you help me solve the problem?

..oh...and yeah....i have a WIFI conection where I stay but because i am not so good in Spanish dialect i cant connect to the internet conetion.

so can i do any update to my Vaio without Internet?

i mean i get all the update files on my USB Stick and then install them on my Vaio?

Can i do that?

I am prety good in Windows XP but in Windows 7 i am a little bit a begginer...and because it is in spanish it is a lot harder:(

pls help me...

--AvorO--

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Avor0,
welcome to Club VAIO Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:
With Windows 7 home or premium you either have to upgrade to Ultimate or purchase an English copy of the OS to change language.
However, never tried it myself, you may want to give Vistalizator a go - http://www.froggie.sk/index.html  :wink:
profile.country.ro_RO.title
---avoro---
Visitor

Ty for your reply thalamus_,

I tryed your metod but i dident like it:smileyplain:

It transforms ownly the important stuff in English but not all.

Now I want to change the Windows entirely

I have already Windows7 ready to install it but before that i have some questions...

1.Where can i find all the Drivers and Programs that are installed on my vaio laptop?*

*I mean can i find them all on the internet?Is there any pack that contains all(i know the Drivers are in C:/ but where i can find the install .EXE for the rest....Vaio Gate,Vaio Care,and so on...)

2.After i change the entire windows cand i make the back-up for it?**

**I mean that can i put the entire new windows+all the drivers and programs in the Recovery Partition?

Thanks,

AvorO

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I tryed your metod but i dident like it:smileyplain:

It transforms ownly the important stuff in English but not all.

Now I want to change the Windows entirely

Hi Avor0,

sorry you didn't find my suggestion helpful but as I said I hadn't tried Vistalizator so couldn't comment on the changes.

1.Where can i find all the Drivers and Programs that are installed on my vaio laptop?*

You can download the pre-installed drivers and utlities for your Vaio from the Vaio Support site but unfortunately Sony don't allow you to download any of the pre-installed applications..:smileysad:

2.After i change the entire windows cand i make the back-up for it?**

The easiest way to to back up your Vaio once you have installed Windows 7 and have everything set up to your liking is to use something like Acronis True Image and use this to create and store a backup image, use the following link for more information  on: Acronis True Image

Depending on what you have created a backup of you could restore your Vaio, user settings, all your personal  data, etc in the event of a fatal system crash or virus attack to as it was when you created the image..:smileywink: