Join now - be part of our community!

A few problems with my VGN-CS21S

profile.country.nl_NL.title
19OMAR92
Visitor

A few problems with my VGN-CS21S

Hello everyone,

I have had a Sony Vaio ( Model: VGN-CS21S ) for a while now but i have a few problems with it.

The original operating system for my laptop is Windows Vista, but i bought an upgrade to Windows 7, and since then, both the built-in webcam and the built-in microphone have not been working, and just recently my AV Button pad ( the volume buttons ) stopped working for no reason, so please: can you help me find a solution for this ?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

There are some Windows 7 specific drivers supplied by Sony for your model and you could try downloading and installing some of the 32-bit Windows 7 Drivers for your model from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-CS21S_T&os=10

I would try: -

Sony Shared Library

Setting Utility Series

Vaio Original Function Settings

Some of the other dedicated Windows 7 drivers may also help.

For the microphone, have a look in Control Panel -> Audio and make sure the Sound Recording Device is not muted.

What are you trying to use the camera with and do you get any error messages?

:thinking:

19OMAR92
Visitor

Thanks alot for the fast reply

I tried installing all 3 drivers, still nothing happened :slight_frown:  i tried other drivers too, but i can not find the good ones

i have been trying to find the cam driver for ages but it does not work, and now i can't find the AV Buttons driver either

and i checked the microphone, it's weird because it says that the microphone ( realtalk ) is installed and not muted, but it still doesn't work !

I was wondering if you know the exact drivers that would get them to work

19OMAR92
Visitor

Guys I have been asking everywhere but i can't find the right answer

Can't anyone here help me ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I don't know what to suggest.

Are there any devices in Device Manager showing errors?

I can't see which drivers under the Originally Installed Tab would control the camera but you could try reinstalling the audio driver.

Let's hope a fellow CS user who has upgraded to Windows 7 will see this discussion and be able to help.

19OMAR92
Visitor

Yes, there're 3 Bluetooth Devices that're showing errors, and i tried to automatically install the drivers from the internet but it can't find it :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Just a thought!

Do you use Skype?

Go to Tools -> Options -> Video Settings

And make sure a Sony/USB camera is selected and not a bluetooth device.

19OMAR92
Visitor

Yes I do have a skype, and it doesn't even show that I have a cam, so this didn't work either :slight_frown:

But I appreciate it that you're still trying to help me 

19OMAR92
Visitor

can no one help me here ? 

profile.country.da_DK.title
fjollerik
Visitor

Did you fix it?

-Because ive got the same problem, and solved it!

Ive got the same computer, just in pink color :slight_smile:

So here is what you need:

"Chipset Driver         32 / 64 bits    1.77 MB   25/07/2008"

Link here:

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/info/info.aspx?l=da_DK&url=Vaio/Original/Chipse...

or another link:

"http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=da_DK&m=VGN-CS21S_P"

Now it all works on my Vista (and yes i downgraded from Win7 to Vista because sony dont have updated it for Vista :smileysad:)

Tell me if it worked!