Join now - be part of our community!

A317M DOCKING STATION

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

A317M DOCKING STATION

Does anyone know if the docking station for a A317S will work with a A317M the reason I ask is because I have just bought an A317S docking station off ebay, very cheap.

I have it working except the remote, now is the remote sensor built in to the A317S and not the A317M? or is it built in to the docking station?

Any help?

24 REPLIES 24
PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

I have just noticed a plastic logo on one of the speakers which says IR it does not seem to be a sensor window?

The other thing as well as the normal speaker connections on the back of the docking station the lead from one of the speakers needs to be connected to a usb port.

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

Come on guys, someone must have some idea..........

RyanNicon
Visitor

plug the USB cable in from the speaker and then have a look in device manager andsee if it has IR port or something? and see if there is anything with out drivers (should br yellow)

BTW i don't have a doc with a IR but it looks like no one is going to help so i'll give it my best get back when you have looked at that.

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

plug the USB cable in from the speaker and then have a look in device manager andsee if it has IR port or something? and see if there is anything with out drivers (should br yellow)

BTW i don't have a doc with a IR but it looks like no one is going to help so i'll give it my best get back when you have looked at that.

Thanks Ryan,
looked in device manager nothing listed to do with IR, So you reckon the usb lead from the speaker has something to do with the IR, I wonder where the sensor is, is it somehow hidden in the speaker?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You can download the PDF manual for the A317S from HERE

The IR sensor is at the bottom front of the left speaker and it is powered by the USB connection.

All about the port replicator in this manual.

:smileygrin:

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

You can download the PDF manual for the A317S from HERE 

The IR sensor is at the bottom front of the left speaker and it is powered by the USB connection.

All about the port replicator in this manual.

:smileygrin:

Thanks for that, been looking everywhere

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

Links dead!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Still works OK on mine!

At the top of this page click on Support. Under Downloads choose Manuals.

Enter
Notebook
VGN-A
VGN-A317S

:slight_smile:

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

Nope links dead for me................