Join now - be part of our community!

AC Adaptor Q.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
XiOnce
Visitor

AC Adaptor Q.

Q. I have recently broken the  Adaptor for my laptop and i need to buy a new one ASAP!!!!! but how do i  know if the new adaptor is compatible with my laptop which is  VGN-FW11M?!?!!? how do i know what type of adaptor to buy?!?!?

the broken adaptor spec is 19.5V  (INPUT: 100-240V 1.3A 50-60Hz OUTPUT 19.5V 4.7)......VGP-AC19V24.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi XiOnce,

you should be able to purchase a replacement charger from Vaio  support or possibly from one of Sony's authorised repair partners, to  find the contact number for Vaio support.

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.

Or

To locate the nearest Sony service partner click on Out of Warranty Service tab

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi XiOnce,

you should be able to purchase a replacement charger from Vaio  support or possibly from one of Sony's authorised repair partners, to  find the contact number for Vaio support.

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.

Or

To locate the nearest Sony service partner click on Out of Warranty Service tab

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Great find Blencogo that would probably be a lot cheaper..