Join now - be part of our community!

ACCIDENTLY UNISTALLED WEBCAM COMPANION 4

profile.country.en_GB.title
debsydoodle
Visitor

ACCIDENTLY UNISTALLED WEBCAM COMPANION 4

I accidently unistalled the webcam companion 4 while trying to fill in a survey that required 'eyetracker' to finish it.

When I tried to open the webcam in said that i WOULD HAVE TO RE-INSTALL THE WEBCAM COMPANION AND i CANNOT FIND A WAY TO DO THIS.

I have tried restoring the computer  to an earlier time but it hasn't solved this issue.

7 REPLIES 7
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello debsydoodle - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Usually, the standard System Restore procedure will not reinstall old programs - it is a feature to rectify any changes to files that have caused a problem within a computer.

Are you able to reinstall the software using the download link available here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEL2S1E_W/downloads/ARACCU_00247833_0042_5848

Let me know if this works,

Simon

debsydoodle
Visitor

I have tried this link as stated and my computer says that it's not intended for my model!!

The model is: SVE151D11M and the product name is:SVE1511A1EW. The bar code numbers are: (1st) 2755060 and: (2nd) 5003002. Maybe these identifiers will be able to help you send me the relevant link?

Thank you so much for trying to help me, I really do appreciate it,

Debbie

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi debsydoodle,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Try this..

Click Start then click on Control Panel..

In Control Panel -

If in Category view under Programs click on Uninstall a program..

If in icons view click on Programs & Features..

Do you see ArcSoft WebCam Companion 4.?

If so click on ArcSoft WebCam Companion 4..

Then at the top of the list you should see Uninstall/Change.

Click Uninstall/Change once & then when the ArcSoft WebCam Companion window appears you should see three options -

Modify

Repair

Remove (normally pre-selected)

Select Repair Then click next & follow the process..

Hopefully this should solve your problem..

debsydoodle
Visitor

Thank you for your help.

I have tried this and it says I need to install a disc as it cannot complete the process due to not having the correct pathway????

I have no disc and don't know what to do now.

Any further ideas would be absolutely brilliant.

Thank you, in advance

debsydoodle
Visitor

It also says that I have modified the programme settings and it cannot launch - this means absolutely nothing to me, so any help would be great, thanks again.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Thanks to Thalamus for the input :slight_smile:

This message may mean that the install/uninstall utility is looking for the original files on either your hard drive or the CD. Have you tried contacting Customer Services at Sony to see if they can provide you with a disc?

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Certain pre-installed software cannot be reinstalled without a recovery to factory settings. As a repair hasn't worked and assuming the application is not listed in Vaio Care under reinstall drivers and applications your options are limited.

Sony will not supply a disk or download for the software due to licencing agreements and if a factory restore is not an option for you then the software can be purchased from Arcsoft.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat