Join now - be part of our community!

After Windows 7 upgrade - lost WWAN - Please Help

sahussa41
New

After Windows 7 upgrade - lost WWAN - Please Help

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-P11Z/Q, I bought the windows 7 upgrade for it from Sony, the reason being it was so unbelievably slow on Vista, it was a total waste of money as it stood. So I installed the windows 7 as a full install and not a 'upgrade', doing this speed-ed up machine to usable levels, however the drop icon on top (Gps, Wlan, WWan Bluetooth) disappeared and the WWan was needed. I contacted Sony support and after several emails I was bluntly told I need to select the 'upgrade' option. So to cut a long story short I spent two' full' days restoring it back to Vista from a backup (that's another story) the icons re-appeared and everything worked but dead slow due to Vista. I used the 'upgrade' option from the windows 7 dvd this time and reinstalled. Now, I am back to same issue of the WWAN not working saying 'install a utility or something like that, I have been through ALL the drivers and utilites on the sony support site but to no avail.

I have been a 'only' Sony guy from day one buying solely Sony for the last 28 years, but this time I FULLY regret buying this expensive device as simply put, Sony aren't interested in the least bit. I have spent many THOUSANDS on their products as 'everything' in my house has always been/is Sony but have now been put off!

Take heed Sony!

If anyone can help get this WWan working on this disaster of a 'netbook' then I'll be grateful.

Many Thanks

0 REPLIES 0