Join now - be part of our community!

All-in-one (VGC-LA1) monitor issue (not the inverter)

profile.country.en_GB.title
zero5uk
Explorer

All-in-one (VGC-LA1) monitor issue (not the inverter)

Hello guys;.

I'm in desparate need, having been without my all-in-one for a month now. The monitor started flickering months ago, but it was a manageable intermittent problem, temporarily solved by pressing the monitor on/off button repeatedly, until the screen stayed solid. Almost as if it needed to get warm first. Eventually, that fix wouldn't work, and the monitor would always flicker off after a few seconds (it also made a subtle whirring sound).

I replaced the inverter, via eBay, which worked well for a month. I ignored the fact the inverter wasn't a replica (original was NEC/Token part) and that now I could not adjust the screen brightness, which was stuck on max. I knew it wasn't perfect, as it flickered a tiny bit as well (though not to the same extenta as before), then one day the monitor flashed off, and instead of the "on/off" with the monitor button working, it instead killed the PC. I dreaded the "pop" moment, thinking it was dead - the PC now would not power on at all. I put the old inverter back in to check and it powered up as normal.

Now I made sure to purchase an exact replica inverter (another £35!), thinking that would be that, but it actually performs exactly the same as the original; leading me to conclude, that the inverter was never the problem? I was sure it was after all the googling of the original monitor issue - that you could still see the desktop, if you flashed a strong light onto the monitor etc, but now I don't know what it is, or what to try next. I read it may be the bulb? Cabling, Or something more serious.

The PC has been a faithful servant since 2008 and has performed great the past couple of years, so I was hoping to keep it alive. Seems frustrating when it still works, except for sufficient monitor lighting.

I also see that there is no video out, so no way of routing to an external monitor?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

0 REPLIES 0