Join now - be part of our community!

All-in-one

profile.country.en_GB.title
spiteri99
New

All-in-one

Hi there,

I have a Vaio Touchscreen (VPCL11M1E).  It's a couple of years old, and is beginning to drive me nuts.

Applications take an age to load, especially IE9 and Outlook.  Internet is particularly bad.  I regularly get messages asking me if I want to recover the webpage (and this is with 'proper' websites, such as Google etc), also if I click links or search results, often nothing happens at all.  It's just as if it can't be bothered any more.  It did get significantly worse after it updated to IE9 (it happened without asking, just switched on one morning and IE9 was there), however it was getting quite bad before then.

I'm using about half of the hard disk space of the machine.  I use Norton 360 and also IOBit Advanced System Care 5 Pro and so the PC is virus free and has been tuned up, defragged and cleaned to within an inch of its life.  No effect.

Occasionally it blue screens and re-boots.  I fear it could be a memory problem, but I have no idea how to check this or resolve it.

My Router is a less than 1 year old Thompson TG585 v8. 

Can anyone offer me some advice on what could be wrong, and what I can do to sort it out.  The PC cost me too much, and is not old enough for me to consider replacing it - when it's working it's lovely, and I'm sure it must be fixable.

Thanks folks - I have my fingers crossed.

0 REPLIES 0