Join now - be part of our community!

Animated placeholder box/

RobertStalker
Visitor

Animated placeholder box/

PCC-RX403N Windows XP Home Edition MS-IE6.

Anyone experienced not able to sight animated placeholder boxes whilest viewing Web pages - only a white screen with a box displaying a small square/dot/triangle.
If I use the Opera browser instead of IE6, this error is not apparent. IE6 and WindowsXP have both been reinstalled seperately.

37 REPLIES 37
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi

Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and scroll down to "allow animations on web pages". Click Apply and then OK. You should have less problems.

RobertStalker
Visitor

Hi,

Checked box being ticked "Allow Animations being played........" OK.
An example is on connecting to the Vaio Club - seen is a person walking down a stair, directly in front is a blank caption square with the box - square/dot/triangle. Under the Opera browser the caption box displays a moving advert.
Sony's help people failed to resolve this error. This annoying error is down to IE6 and Macromedia Flash software. According to forums, this error is most uncommon, though Microsoft has a special error icon as described above. Microsoft persist to refer me to the manufacturer of the computer - Sony for a remedy - Sony unable to assist - !!!!

kee-lo_

Can you not uninstall Flash Player and reinstall it?

robpaxton
Explorer

Have you tried removing the flash player and reinstalling it?

If not then the instructions for this are at http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/playerfaq.htm#remove

RobertStalker
Visitor

Using the Flashplayer uninstaller, removed Flashplayer. I notice that each time Flashplayer is installed it request you choose appropriate browser detailed in box - only one browser is shown as "NetScape 7.1", no mention of IE 6.
Installing Netscape 7.1., allows FlashPlayer to instal and playback animated placeholder.
Removed Opera 7 from system, this browser did allow animated placeholders to playback properly - it too displayed only Netscape 7.1 as appropriate browser and no mention of IE6.
The use of IE 6 as the browser fails to recognise Flashplayer 7 though installed in system.
WindowsXP Home edition Full, was purchased and installed - error still persist. IE 6 has also been reinstalled seperately - error still persist. Why IE6 fails to instal or recognise Flashplayer 7 is a complete mystery.

Snipes
Visitor

just a dumb idea, is you java enabled? (tools, internet options, advanced)

robpaxton
Explorer

I would guess that IE has not properly installed. Have you tried to repair the installation and do other plugins locate IE correctly?

RobertStalker
Visitor

Any suggestions most appreciated, Java box is ticked in the Advanced. Web sites informs me that error is a Flashplayer - IE6. As you will no doubt know that Microsoft simply hate third party plugins and software, and make things difficult to put people off using them.

kee-lo_

Robert,

Go to Macromedia's site and download the latest flash player for IE. That should work.
Sounds to me like you only have the NS / Opera version.