Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone come across this problem ??

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
micfinla
Visitor

Anyone come across this problem ??

Hi, when I turn my Vaio VGN-NS20Z laptop on, I have to keep pressing a key to get the processing light to work. When the log in prompt screen comes on I then get an anying sticky keys and filter keys message with a horrible beep. When I then log in the keyboard goes to capitals or symbols without me being able to do anything.

Its driving me crazy, I did a complete factory restore to hope it cured the problem but it did not. I also turned the stcky keys and filters keys off via the control panees but still I keep getting this.

I cant tell you how annoying it does that the laptop just does not fire up and work !!!

Can anyone add some assistance ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It sounds to me like a hardware fault with the keyboard.

Perhaps the ribbon cable between the keyboard and the motherboard has come loose or is damaged?

If you are still within the warranty period, I would contact Vaio Support.  If you are out of warranty then either check yourself that the cables are correctly connected or contact one of Sony's Service Partners for advice.

It is possible, of course, that the keyboard itself has developed a fault.

You can find a list of Service Partners here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/asc.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-NS20Z_S

:thinking:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It sounds to me like a hardware fault with the keyboard.

Perhaps the ribbon cable between the keyboard and the motherboard has come loose or is damaged?

If you are still within the warranty period, I would contact Vaio Support.  If you are out of warranty then either check yourself that the cables are correctly connected or contact one of Sony's Service Partners for advice.

It is possible, of course, that the keyboard itself has developed a fault.

You can find a list of Service Partners here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/asc.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-NS20Z_S

:thinking:

micfinla
Visitor

Hi,

thank you for the advice, typically its just out of warrenty so I will have a look at the service partnerts. Thanks again.

Ainenotsohappywithvaio
Visitor

My new VPCEB1S0E laptop came with a faulty keyboard. It was under warranty so they replaced it. I hope your is under warranty too! Good luck!