Join now - be part of our community!

appcrash windows explorer on Sony Vaio VGN-FZ19VN (Vista Business)

Tompie
Visitor

appcrash windows explorer on Sony Vaio VGN-FZ19VN (Vista Business)

Hi,
I hope one of you can help me out because I have a very annoying problem, and although I have been looking around the web and have noticed that other people (mostly Vaio-owners) have similar problems, I cannot resolve my problem.

Windows Explorer keeps on crashing. Briefly stated, this is what happens (I translated the messages from Dutch, so they might not be exact):
- I get a message stating "Windows explorer stopped working"
- a message "windows explorer will restart" (but it doesn't)
- I get a message that a problem has been identified and that a solution is available
- when I click on OK, it states that the solution isn't available in Dutch, but it is in English
- when I click on "English", I get a message that the solution is unavailable, and I get 3 possibilities
a) no internet connection (although this one works)
b) unavailability of the microsoft server (but then it has been unavailable for +- 10 days now)
c) try again later

Conclusion: I don't know the solution

This is the errorlog:
Product
Windows Verkenner

Probleem
Werkt niet meer

Datum
29/10/2007 23:51

Status
Er is een oplossing beschikbaar. (= there is a solution)

Probleem met handtekening
Naam van probleemgebeurtenis:APPCRASH
Naam van de toepassing:Explorer.EXE
Versie van toepassing:6.0.6000.16386
Tijdstempel van toepassing:4549b091
Naam van foutmodule:StackHash_b21b
Versie van foutmodule:6.0.6000.16386
Tijdstempel van foutmodule:4549bdc9
Uitzonderingscode:c0000374
Uitzonderingsmarge:000af1c9
Versie van besturingssysteem:6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
Landinstelling-id:2067
Aanvullende informatie 1:b21b
Aanvullende informatie 2:ad3a4cd831aa7cf17d8e7723be3aaa35
Aanvullende informatie 3:945b
Aanvullende informatie 4:8cf25402c48974bc9c4e8c725781bb23

Extra informatie over het probleem
Bucket-id:346848472

--------------------------------------------------
Can anyone help me out? Help would be very, very greatly appreciated... :thinking:

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the club,
I assume you are using XP and you mean windows internet explorer. Best thing to do is to system restore to a time before the Iexplorer started crashing. Then do the windows update and a virus scan. If all else fails download a new copy of IE7 (they let you do that now)uninstall IE7 and in program componants IE6 by unchecking and then rechecking the box(TO INSTALL IT AGAIN) and then install a fresh copy of IE7. :wink:

Tompie
Visitor

Welcome to the club,
I assume you are using XP and you mean windows internet explorer. Best thing to do is to system restore to a time before the Iexplorer started crashing. Then do the windows update and a virus scan. If all else fails download a new copy of IE7 (they let you do that now)uninstall IE7 and in program componants IE6 by unchecking and then rechecking the box(TO INSTALL IT AGAIN) and then install a fresh copy of IE7. :wink:

Hi Tony,
Nope, I am using Windows Vista Business, and I do mean Windows Explorer, not IE...
Any alternatives for a system restore?