Join now - be part of our community!

AR-31M DVDcombo replace part ?!

misterblue31
Visitor

AR-31M DVDcombo replace part ?!

Hello, on my Vaio AR-31M it is possible to replace dvd combo drive matshita with an other (liteOn SSM-8515S-01C) ??
thank's for reply

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi misterblue31 and welcome to Club Vaio.

In theory your AR31M should work with any slimline laptop DVD drive. I am not sure why you want to replace a new drive - if it is to get Region Free operation why not get an external drive?

The problem you will have is re-fitting the external Sony faceplate unless you buy a drive of the same make and series.

Unless you can refit this, your Vaio will not look good!!!

:slight_frown:

misterblue31
Visitor

Yes i want replace this for get Region Free operation. I do not want a reader external because I am often in displacement and do not want to encumber me. Once LiteOn I place from there will replace the frontage of the Matshita reader so that my Vaio is always beautiful. Thank's for your reply

misterblue31
Visitor

Hello, it's work very fine !!!

To replace reader DVD, it is necessary to remove all the screws of the frame. Then to remove the 2 fixing side of reader DVD and to fix them at the new reader.
One can easily interchange the frontages by opening the 2 drawers At manually thus to preserve all the Vaio style with a new reader DVD more powerful than that of origin (Matshita! bad!!!)

:smileygrin: