Join now - be part of our community!

AR51M: S1/S2 & AV Mode buttons

ugotamesij
Visitor

AR51M: S1/S2 & AV Mode buttons

Hi guys

I recently bought an AR51M and followed a couple of online guides for a clean Vista install. I had a couple of problems but now things seem to be working OK. My only problem is that I can't use either the S1/S2 buttons or any of the AV Mode buttons above the keyboard. The Fn functions and the volume/mute/eject buttons (by the S1/S2 keys) all work fine.

I've tried a few fixes (including what I thought was the utility for AV Mode buttons for another Vaio model) but with no luck. If anyone could help me I would be really grateful.

2 REPLIES 2
ugotamesij
Visitor

Gah! I tried getting SUS from the AR41 model support page, and now my Fn keys don't work! If anyone can help me out here (on the initial problem or now this Fn issue) I'd be really really grateful... :slight_frown:

ugotamesij
Visitor

OK I managed to somehow get the AV Mode working properly.

However, the S1 and S2 buttons still elude me. I have them set up to launch Firefox and MS Outlook respectively. When I press one of them, a little cog icon appears in the taskbar (bottom right) but after maybe 15 seconds it disappears without launching the application. This occurs regardless of which application I try to assign to the keys. I have allowed the S1/S2 launcher to pass through my firewall (Comodo) but with no luck - even closing down the firewall did not sort this issue.

Does anyone know what might be the problem?!?!