Join now - be part of our community!

Ask for help.

profile.country.en_RU.title
NguyenDucNghia
Visitor

Ask for help.

I have a VAIO VPCS11X9R/S. I had changed Windows from Windows 7 into Windows XP. Now I prefer to use Windows 7. But I have not the Recover Disk for Windows 7. How should I do now?

Best regard!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

The question is - did you wipe your S11's hard drive.

If you are not sure, shutdown your VAIO. Start it by pressing the power button and press F10 when the VAIO logo is shown on the screen. If your VAIO still has the recovery partition, it'll start from it now and you can overwrite the C: drive with the factory content.

If you don't have your recovery partition anymore, you need to buy recovery discs. Contact VAIO Support, they'll sell them to you.

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/index.aspx?l=en_GB

profile.country.en_RU.title
NguyenDucNghia
Visitor

Dear stephanius,

Thank you so much for your help!

Unfortunately I had wiped my hard disk. While my VAIO was starting, i pressed button F10 in order recover Windows 7, but it started recover Windows XP SP3 again. I have contacted to VAIO center, and they said that, there are two variants for me: 1 - Bring my VAIO to their center, where they will help me to recover my Windows 7 (paying). 2 - Buy a suitable recovery disk and install it then visit site vaio-link.com to download drivers.

Best regard!